No announcement yet.

Characters You Love To Hate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since we have deviated from the topic, "Characters you love to hate", I'm going to put this up:

Seiji Noumi/Dusk Taker from Accel World- I wan to Falcon Punch that smug face of his.

Comment

Nobuyuki Sugō from Sword Art Online - This guy is just a slimy creepy guy who is horrible in both the real world and the game world. Yuck!

Originally posted by AnnaLovesAnime View Post
      A classmate in 1 of my College Japanese classes told me, that Sailor Neptune and Uranus were really lesbian lovers. I was somewhat shocked.

I say somewhat because I was always suspicious of Uranus. Her physical appearance and voice were very masculine. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
      I never heard the dubbed version of Sailor Moon's later seasons (when Neptune and Uranus came in); however, Uranus Japaneses Voice actress does have a very low voice. I do know they made them 'Cousins' in the English version....yeah, that fits all right... To this day Neptune and Uranus are my favorite lesbian couple and my favorite Salior Moon characters (however, Mamoru is a close one too).

"Wow, and she never gave off a 'crazy cat lady' vibe!" - Prompto - FFXV

"Woohoo, we're alive! Let's celebrate by eating something dead!" Prompto - FFXV

"I swore an oath to stand with Noct and keep him safe...whatever it takes, I will protect him!" - Ignis Sukientia FFXV

Comment

Originally posted by SwatKat90 View Post
        I will definitely, have to read this article.

I haven't been as active online the last few days because I have been getting ready for a job interview, which is in 2 more days.

Wish me luck.
        Visit my website It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns Cartoon Sunday: Horror Anime Reviews Are There Really Social Media Sites For Anime Fans?

Comment

Originally posted by old hat View Post
          The truth is that, other than the big Ghibli movies that get theatrical release, anime is very much a niche market. Dubbing is expensive and there is only so much money to go around. Companies don't pay VAs more or pay for more studio time for things like extra takes because they can't afford to. Sentai only has about 20 employees and makes around $2 million a year. That's quite small. Even a company like The Asylum, which specializes in very low budget knock-offs of blockbuster movies, makes two and a half times that much. There just isn't the money to pay the VAs the kind of salaries that Disney can pay.
          I will definitely have to read the link, that SwatKat90 posted.

I am very curious to know how much Anime VA's make compared to those, who do regular voice work and narration for audiobooks and commercials.

Over the last 2 months, I have been researching voice actors and narrators because I want to have my stories released on audiobooks, in the near future.

They can get paid a few hundred dollars an hour to narrate books. This makes me question if Anime VA's get paid that much.

Anyway, I suppose we should all try to stay on topic with my thread. LOL!

Not that it really bothers me, but it seems like some may be a little frustrated with us not staying on topic. Sorry.
          Visit my website It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns Cartoon Sunday: Horror Anime Reviews Are There Really Social Media Sites For Anime Fans?

Comment

Since we have deviated from the topic, "Characters you love to hate", I'm going to put this up:

Seiji Noumi/Dusk Taker from Accel World- I wan to Falcon Punch that smug face of his.
            LOL! I keep hearing about Accel World but have never seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sora N View Post
              Nobuyuki Sugō from Sword Art Online - This guy is just a slimy creepy guy who is horrible in both the real world and the game world. Yuck!.
              When you say that, I automatically think about those purple creature things with the tentacles, that I saw.

Comment

Nobuyuki Sugō from Sword Art Online - This guy is just a slimy creepy guy who is horrible in both the real world and the game world. Yuck!
                I'm inclined to agree. He's a reprehensible sociopath that absolutely disgusted me.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaLovesAnime View Post

When you say that, I automatically think about those purple creature things with the tentacles, that I saw.
                  no. He is not part of that. However, SAO is a good anime.
                  "Wow, and she never gave off a 'crazy cat lady' vibe!" - Prompto - FFXV

"Woohoo, we're alive! Let's celebrate by eating something dead!" Prompto - FFXV

"I swore an oath to stand with Noct and keep him safe...whatever it takes, I will protect him!" - Ignis Sukientia FFXV

Comment

no. He is not part of that. However, SAO is a good anime.
                    Oh okay. LOL!

Comment

Right now, I am watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable on Toonami.

While revising 1 of my 6 short stories, I find Yoshikage Kira's father to be rather annoying.

Then again, so is Rohan Kishibe. Rohan is really annoying.

Comment

I think I want to add Iwabe from Boruto to this list. I'm starting to think, that he and the protagonist of the Boruto franchise are irritating.

However, Iwabe is annoying because he is a loser; He's like that 13-year-old, who flunked elementary school several times and takes out his anger on other students

Meanwhile, Boruto is without a doubt, an entitled spoiled brat and an ingrate. It made me chuckle a little to watch that 1 particular street thug from The Hidden Mist call Boruto a "spoiled brat" because he really is.

Comment

Characters that I love to hate are different from characters that I just dislike. There are a lot more of the latter than there are of the former. Joffrey from Game of Thrones is kind of a character that I love to hate because he's such an awful, inbred little psycho but is also really well done by Jack Gleeson. I can't think of many anime characters like that. Maybe Suigintou from the first season of Rozen Maiden. I love that character but she's a detestable creature at first.
                          "The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive." -Thomas Sowell

Comment

Originally posted by old hat View Post
                            I can't think of many anime characters like that. Maybe Suigintou from the first season of Rozen Maiden. I love that character but she's a detestable creature at first.
                            Yeah, I know what you mean.

Normally I don't hate too many characters, but there are some characters that give you a reason to love to hate them.

I don't know if Boruto and his friend, Iwabe will become 2 more characters I love to hate or not. However, they are indeed quite sickening.

The more I think about it, I really can't stand Boruto's Iwabe.

Iwabe seems like a bigger brat than Boruto and Sasuke combined. So far, it seems like Iwabe is the only character from the series, that is always angry about something.

Then again, Iwabe is a loser. He's like how old? He looks like a 14-year-old, who flunked 5th grade several times.

Comment

I finally had the chance to read the article you posted.

It is quite shocking and sad to learn, that Anime Dub VA's earn so little for their talent.

In the future, I would love to have the actor/voice actor D.C. Douglas do the narration for 1 of my 6 short stories, in the near future.

D.C. Douglas recently voiced the character, Yoshikage Kira on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable.

Since the short story I mentioned above is narrated by a misogynistic serial killer, I believe either he, or Ed O'Niell would be perfect for that character on a future audiobook.

Yes, I went off topic again. However, this post gave me an idea for another thread topic just now.

Comment

Working...
                              X