Characters You Love To Hate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Characters You Love To Hate

Has anyone ever posted this as a thread topic at all? If not, here is a thread where you can name characters you love to hate.

Over the last 3 years, I will most definitely have to say JoJo's Bizarre Adventure's Dio Brando.

He was such an evil character, that fans of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure franchise couldn't help loving to hate him. At least that's the way I feel.

Now that Dio Brando is dead, it sucks that he no longer exists to personally wreak havoc for The Joestar Clan.

Honestly, this supervillain's absence makes Diamond Is Unbreakable somewhat boring. Dio Brando was such an insufferable POS, that I wish he could be revived only to be killed again. That's just how divisive and evil he was as a supervillain.

So, which character(s) do you love to hate?
    Visit my website It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns Cartoon Sunday: Horror Anime Reviews Are There Really Social Media Sites For Anime Fans?

Dororo from the 1969 anime Dororo to Hyakkimaru would be an example of a character I “Love to Hate”. She’s loud, rude, and obnoxious to the point where I don’t feel bad when she gets the stuffing knocked out of her by various villagers. However given her tragic backstory, I can’t help but feel bad for her and on some level understand why she ended up the way she did.

Comment

Aizen

/end
      Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
      In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Nobuyuki Sugou- Reprehensible, sociopathic sack of s***.

Team Rocket trio- These three are not funny in the slightest, from the beginning I hated them, and to this day I still do.

Kira Yamato- Textbook Gary Stu. Surviving an explosion does not sit right with me.

Seryu Ubiquitous- Her notion of justice is inarguably half baked.

Shinn Asuka- He deserved that slap in the face from Athrun.

Ryohei Yamazaki- This guy doesn't even qualify as a character.

Yuno Gasai- Typical yandere.

Comment

Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post
          Aizen

/end
          OMG! YES! I can't stand Aizen. Add Tousen to the list, too.
          Visit my website It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns Cartoon Sunday: Horror Anime Reviews Are There Really Social Media Sites For Anime Fans?

Comment

Originally posted by TsukuyomiMagi99 View Post
            Dororo from the 1969 anime Dororo to Hyakkimaru would be an example of a character I “Love to Hate”. She’s loud, rude, and obnoxious to the point where I don’t feel bad when she gets the stuffing knocked out of her by various villagers. However given her tragic backstory, I can’t help but feel bad for her and on some level understand why she ended up the way she did.
            You just made me think about another character. Megumi from Shiki. Her official death was the best part of the finale.

Comment

Originally posted by SwatKat90 View Post
              Nobuyuki Sugou- Reprehensible, sociopathic sack of s***.

Team Rocket trio- These three are not funny in the slightest, from the beginning I hated them, and to this day I still do.

Kira Yamato- Textbook Gary Stu. Surviving an explosion does not sit right with me.

Seryu Ubiquitous- Her notion of justice is inarguably half baked.

Shinn Asuka- He deserved that slap in the face from Athrun.

Ryohei Yamazaki- This guy doesn't even qualify as a character.

Yuno Gasai- Typical yandere.
              Orochimaru is another character I love to hate.

Comment

I also want to add Vampire Knight's Zero and Ichiru Kiriyu to the list, especially Zero. He's as much of a self-loathing POS as Sasuke Uchiha from the Naruto franchise.

Comment

I already mentioned Aizen in the other hate thread, so instead let's focus on Aizen's manga-exclusive upgraded version in terms of overpowered omniscient douchebaggery...

(MANGA SPOILERS ABOUND!)

"I'm actually great at debating, as I've been informally trained by 4chan and Something Awful"
                  Alex Decay

Comment

Originally posted by Spy Princess View Post
                    I already mentioned Aizen in the other hate thread, so instead let's focus on Aizen's manga-exclusive upgraded version in terms of overpowered omniscient douchebaggery...

(MANGA SPOILERS ABOUND!)

Wait, so

Wow! It's amazing what you learn. Then again, I'm not a Manga reader.

Comment

I can think of lots of unlikable characters but none that I love to hate. Megumi from Shiki is an extremely selfish, awful person but I didn't love to hate her. I just thought she was an awful person.
                      "The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive." -Thomas Sowell

Comment

Originally posted by old hat View Post
                        I can think of lots of unlikable characters but none that I love to hate. Megumi from Shiki is an extremely selfish, awful person but I didn't love to hate her. I just thought she was an awful person.
                        Watching Megumi get staked and rolled over was the best.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaLovesAnime View Post

Watching Megumi get staked and rolled over was the best.
                          The funniest part was
                          "The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive." -Thomas Sowell

Comment

Originally posted by old hat View Post
                            The funniest part was
                            When Megumi originally died, I was happy. Then, she came back as a Shiki and I was like, "Oh, come on! Just die already!"

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaLovesAnime View Post

When Megumi originally died, I was happy. Then, she came back as a Shiki and I was like, "Oh, come on! Just die already!"
                              I knew she would come back. She was perfectly suited to being one of the shiki. She took to being a callous, self-absorbed, predatory monster like a duck to water.

Comment

Working...
                              X