Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Disliked Anime Characters or Character Types

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    I didn't get the impression that Emospada hated women. He just seemed really bored most of the time and super smug. The other two, yeah, They were comically misogynist. These are villains though, You aren't supposed to like them.
    Avatar - Chino is super cute
    "The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive." -Thomas Sowell

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by old hat View Post
      I didn't get the impression that Emospada hated women. He just seemed really bored most of the time and super smug. The other two, yeah, They were comically misogynist. These are villains though, You aren't supposed to like them.
      This is very true. We are not supposed to like villains. However, there are those types of villains that are very popular.

      As far as Ulquiorra goes, I never liked him. I loved when Grimmjow Jaggerjack put him in his Negation Box. It was a great way to make Ulquiorra to shut the hell up.
      Visit my website It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns Cartoon Sunday: Horror Anime Reviews Are There Really Social Media Sites For Anime Fans?

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by AnnaLovesAnime View Post

        This is very true. We are not supposed to like villains. However, there are those types of villains that are very popular.

        As far as Ulquiorra goes, I never liked him. I loved when Grimmjow Jaggerjack put him in his Negation Box. It was a great way to make Ulquiorra to shut the hell up.
        I disliked Emospada for other reasons. Other than droning on a bit, he wasn't that bad of a character and he didn't really drone on more than a lot of shounen bad guys do. I disliked him because he was a large part of the serious pacing issues that the Hueco Mundo arc had. We already had Grimmjow to fill the role that Captain Kuchiki had filled in the Soul Society. Then there was Emospada to fill the same role again. Having Ichigo need to fight Emospada after he had already fought Grimmjow just made the arc drag on along with other things like that absurdly long fight with Mayuri and the scientist one. That fight just wouldn't end.
        Avatar - Chino is super cute
        "The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive." -Thomas Sowell

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by old hat View Post
          I disliked Emospada for other reasons. Other than droning on a bit, he wasn't that bad of a character and he didn't really drone on more than a lot of shounen bad guys do. I disliked him because he was a large part of the serious pacing issues that the Hueco Mundo arc had. We already had Grimmjow to fill the role that Captain Kuchiki had filled in the Soul Society. Then there was Emospada to fill the same role again. Having Ichigo need to fight Emospada after he had already fought Grimmjow just made the arc drag on along with other things like that absurdly long fight with Mayuri and the scientist one. That fight just wouldn't end.
          For years, I have always been a fan of Starrk, Nel Tu, Halibel, and Grimmjow. The rest of the Espadas I never cared for. Ulquiorra and Nnoitra were the 2 Espadas I hated the most.
          Visit my website It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns Cartoon Sunday: Horror Anime Reviews Are There Really Social Media Sites For Anime Fans?

          Comment


            #35
            I think the archetype I've always hated was the token bratty little girl that gets in the way of the main romance for whatever reason.

            See Chibi-Usa, Sarah McDougall, etc.
            New anime now watching: Golden Kamuy, The Promised Neverland.
            Avatar: Kusuo Saiki(The Disasterous Life Of Saiki K.).
            "I am the world's unhappiest man who has had everything snatched away since the moment of my birth." Kusuo Saiki, The Disasterous Life Of Saiki K.

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by AnnaLovesAnime View Post
              As much as I like Yuri Lowenthal as a voice actor, I can't stand Sasuke Uchiha. It seems like he hasn't changed much in Boruto.

              The fact, that he married Sakura and neglects his own daughter for "atonement missions" gives Naruto fans another reason to hate Sasuke.

              Even though Itachi pretended to hate and kill him, it still makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside watching Itachi punch Sasuke in the gut and kick him across the room.
              The fact that they named their daughter Salad cracks me up
              Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
              In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post

                The fact that they named their daughter Salad cracks me up
                LOL!
                Visit my website It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns Cartoon Sunday: Horror Anime Reviews Are There Really Social Media Sites For Anime Fans?

                Comment


                  #38
                  After watching Boruto on Adult Swim's Toonami block last Saturday night, I have come to the conclusion that I can't stand him.

                  Was Kishimoto trying to make his protagonist highly unlikable to viewers?

                  Boruto acts like such an ingrate. Therefore, I want to add the protagonist from Boruto to the list of disilikable characters.
                  Visit my website It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns Cartoon Sunday: Horror Anime Reviews Are There Really Social Media Sites For Anime Fans?

                  Comment


                    #39
                    I never got the impression that Emospada was a misogynist either. I think he just didn't give a damn, other than pissing off Ichigo.

                    AnnaLovesAnime Isnt the reason that Boruto's supposed to be a brat is because Naruto turned out to be a crap father?
                    Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
                    In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by autsiticanime View Post
                      I think the archetype I've always hated was the token bratty little girl that gets in the way of the main romance for whatever reason.

                      See Chibi-Usa, Sarah McDougall, etc.
                      This is another one I am not to fond of...however, it seems to be pretty popular in a lot of anime and manga. Chibi-Usa; however, I see it as more of a guilt thing at first with her hate for Usagi (with the silver crystal issue in future). It also seemed like Usagi/Neo-Queen Serenity was more then likely the one who disciplined Chibi-Usa and not her father King Endymion, so she ran to Mamoru for safety and comfort while making her future mom jealous in the past.
                      "Wow, and she never gave off a 'crazy cat lady' vibe!" - Prompto - FFXV

                      "Woohoo, we're alive! Let's celebrate by eating something dead!" Prompto - FFXV

                      "I swore an oath to stand with Noct and keep him safe...whatever it takes, I will protect him!" - Ignis Sukientia FFXV

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post
                        I never got the impression that Emospada was a misogynist either. I think he just didn't give a damn, other than pissing off Ichigo.

                        AnnaLovesAnime Isnt the reason that Boruto's supposed to be a brat is because Naruto turned out to be a crap father?
                        LOL! Nnoitra was without a doubt a misogynist.

                        Meanwhile, Ulquiorra looked like an Eric Draven reject and loved psychoanalyzing everything and everyone. That's besides being abusive towards female characters.

                        On the other hand, Boruto is an ingrate version of his father, Naruto.

                        Honestly, I'm surprised that Orochimaru didn't make Boruto both Sasuke and Naruto's test tube baby. LMAO!

                        Just think about it. Boruto is an obnoxious Emo brat like Sasuke was yet Boruto looks just like Naruto and is a prankster just like his father. Hmmm...
                        Visit my website It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns Cartoon Sunday: Horror Anime Reviews Are There Really Social Media Sites For Anime Fans?

                        Comment


                          #42
                          I was just saying in my thread a few minutes ago, that Boruto's Iwabe is really annoying.

                          That character is always angry about something and looks like a 14-year-old, who flunked 5th grade several times.
                          Visit my website It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns Cartoon Sunday: Horror Anime Reviews Are There Really Social Media Sites For Anime Fans?

                          Comment


                            #43
                            I can't really comment on the Boruto characters. I noped out on Naruto out of boredom around halfway through season 1.
                            Last edited by old hat; April 16th, 2019, 11:24 PM.
                            Avatar - Chino is super cute
                            "The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive." -Thomas Sowell

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by AnnaLovesAnime View Post
                              I was just saying in my thread a few minutes ago, that Boruto's Iwabe is really annoying.

                              That character is always angry about something and looks like a 14-year-old, who flunked 5th grade several times.

                              To be fair, that description could apply to about 70 percent of anime male MCs
                              Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
                              In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post
                                To be fair, that description could apply to about 70 percent of anime male MCs
                                LOL! Honestly, I don't know which Boruto character I want to slap more, the actual protagonist or Iwabe?
                                Visit my website It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns Cartoon Sunday: Horror Anime Reviews Are There Really Social Media Sites For Anime Fans?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X