Good Anime Shows of Winter 2019? Mine is Boogiepop and the Others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Anime Shows of Winter 2019? Mine is Boogiepop and the Others

So far, which anime airing this winter 2019 season caught your attention? Other than Boogiepop and the Others & The Rising of the Shield Hero, I also loved the Promised Neverland.
    Check out some of the most anticipated and highly recommended anime series to watch-out for this winter 2019.
    No matter how great you make yourself sound, you're still just a naive boy who's all talk and who only dreams of victory in his head. - C.C.

Yu Alexius Anime Blog

Series are still debuting but among the non continuing/sequel ones The Promised Neverland seems the most promising. I enjoyed My Roommate is a Cat too. I'm not impressed by Shield Hero yet but I'll give it time. I'm waiting for Boogiepop to have more episodes because I'm afraid having to wait a week between episodes will make it too hard to follow.
    Current Avatar: Yuzu Roromori from The Ones Within

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ohayotaku

Comment

I'll watch The Rising of the Shield Hero since a dub is in the works.

Comment

The season just started LOL....
        I love lamp.

Comment

My view of things a month into the new season:

Thoroughly enjoy every week:
          My Roommate is a Cat

Enjoyable but variable week to week:
          That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
          Mob Psycho 100

Series that have started to grow on me, despite having some issues with them:
          Kaguya-sama: Love is War
          Magical Girl Spec Ops Asuka
          The Price of Smiles
          Girly Airforce
          The Quintessential Quintuplets
          Meiji Tokyo Renka
          Boogiepop & Others

In decline or not living up to expectations;
          Hinomaru Sumo
          Gegege no Kitaro
          Rising of the Shield Hero
          The Promised Neverland

Put on hold (if not dropped outright)
          Wattaten (An Angel Flew Down to Me)
          Endro
          Grimms Notes
          Last edited by Ohiotaku; February 3rd, 2019, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Must sees:

My Roommate is a Cat
            Meji Tokyo Renka
            Mob Psycho 2

On the Fence:

Boogiepop and Others: Madhouse did a good job of updating it but it's starting to leave me a little meh. However, the OP song is a bop.

On the Fence:

Rising Hero: I heard the first episode was horrible but...that it's starting to develop into a pretty solid show.

Promised Neverland: I heard about the hype for episode one but people are starting to say the show is lagging?

Guilty Pleasure: Kaguya-sama: Love is War

I normally don't watch high school s**t or I try to avoid it anyway, but I really liked the manga so I checked this out. It's starting to be entertaining! Also the OP slaps too and the ED song is cute.

I love lamp.

Comment

Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post
              Boogiepop and Others: Madhouse did a good job of updating it but it's starting to leave me a little meh. However, the OP song is a bop.
              Yah, I like the OP, but I like the ED even better. Also digging the OP to Mob Psycho and of course Love is War episode 3 ED

Rising Hero: I heard the first episode was horrible but...that it's starting to develop into a pretty solid show.
              I thought the first ep was disappointing. Started liking it with episodes 2 & 3. Episode 4 was kind of a let down being overly melodramatic. Hoping it'll bounce back

Promised Neverland: I heard about the hype for episode one but people are starting to say the show is lagging?
              My personal feelings is that it's pretty much on par with Attack on Titan. Make of that what you will

Last edited by Ohiotaku; February 3rd, 2019, 02:13 AM.

Comment

The season is only a month old, but I have these favorites:

Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka
                Girly Air Force

A question regarding Boogiepop and Others, do I need to be familiar with or have a working knowledge of the franchise in order to watch this show?
                Last edited by ThePhillyFlash; February 3rd, 2019, 03:23 AM.
                “They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And I will make them pay for what they've done!"
                ---Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: First Contact
                Anime watched in 2019: 387 episodes (80 shows: 50 watching, 27 completed, 3 dropped)

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhillyFlash View Post
                  The season is only a month old, but I have these favorites:

Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka
                  Girly Air Force

A question regarding Boogiepop and Others, do I need to be familiar with or have a working knowledge of the franchise in order to watch this show?
                  Not really. But of course it's been probably a good ten years or more since I watched the original.
                  I love lamp.

Comment

While the narrative is still extremely disjointed, Iím having an easier time following it than the original, though like Goddy said that was a long time ago

Comment

Well, I watched the first episode of Boogiepop and Others last night, and I have to say it didn't impress in the least. I won't continue with the show.
                      “They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And I will make them pay for what they've done!"
                      Anime watched in 2019: 387 episodes (80 shows: 50 watching, 27 completed, 3 dropped)

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhillyFlash View Post
                        Well, I watched the first episode of Boogiepop and Others last night, and I have to say it didn't impress in the least. I won't continue with the show.
                        Itís definitely not an easy series to follow, though my understanding is that is in keeping with the source material. I find it is easier to watch several episodes in a short period of time instead of trying to follow it weekly

Comment

Originally posted by Ohiotaku View Post

Itís definitely not an easy series to follow, though my understanding is that is in keeping with the source material. I find it is easier to watch several episodes in a short period of time instead of trying to follow it weekly
                          I see. Hmm! Perhaps I might go back to it. Sometime.

Comment

I'm liking My Roommate is a Cat. I'm a cat fan so its no surprise

Comment

I guess mine is Girly Air Force because I have actually seen that one.
                              Avatar - Yuzu the cheerful fox girl.
                              "The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive." -Thomas Sowell

Comment

Working...
                              X