Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Action Anime - Attack on Titan

Why it's the best
    Attack on Titan is horrifying, but it isn't really a horror anime. If you can stomach the grotesque, inside-out appearance of the titular titans, and the brutal finality of the way they devour their victims, you'll find an action anime that's also heavy on plot, character development, and atmosphere.

While there are probably more great action anime than any other genre, Attack on Titan is the best because the virtual lack of plot armor means nobody is ever truly safe, and the stakes are always very real.

We never heard of this anime, tell us more.

AOT doesn't have plot armor? Is that a joke?

Comment

While I actually am looking forward to the continuation of Season 3 (which comes as much a surprise to me as anyone), I honestly can't consider AoT the "best" anything.
      Current Avatar: Ainz ooal Gown from Isekai Quartet

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ohayotaku

Comment

While AoT is a good show, when it comes action anime, I've watched better. Here's one such example:

Kirk: “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
        Spock: “None that I am conscious of, except, of course, happy birthday. Certainly, the best of times."
        ---from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
        Anime watched in 2019: 280 episodes (65 shows: 42 watching, 21 completed, 2 dropped)

Comment

I primarily watch action anime and I know other action anime that blow AOT out of the water.

Cowboy Bebop
          Outlaw Star
          Gurren Lagann
          Star Blazers 2199
          Gundam 00
          Superdimensional Fortress Macross

Comment

I only watched the first season and the series was kinda “meh” for me. It started off strong with its cynical tone and I enjoyed Eren’s “take no crap” attitude. However after the trial it started becoming lull and wasn’t as strong as its beginning. The end finished off fine and enjoyed the plot twist but it wasn’t as strong as the beginning. So basically Attack on Titan for me has a strong beginning, a mediocre middle, and a decent end. So basically an average anime. To it’s credit I got through the first season of Attack of Titan which is more then I can say for Kabaneri.
            Last edited by TsukuyomiMagi99; April 18th, 2019, 02:48 PM.

Comment

I personally was not a fan of Attack on Titan...I tried to watch the first season; however, I ended up dropping it. I will admit I loved the OP song for the series though!

Here are a few action anime series that are good (there are a lot more I enjoy, but I don't feel like listing them all):

Black Lagoon
              Gundam (all series)
              Madlax
              Cannan
              Beserk
              "We won't know if we can do it unless we try!" - Haruki Bando

"I enjoy trying new things. I want to challenge myself to do something no one else has done!" - Wataru Mizoguchi

Avatar - Haruki Bando and Kazuma Hashimoto from Cheer Boys!

Comment

I got bored with AoT about halfway through and dropped it.

I'm more a Yamato 2199 sort of person.
                He was the sort of person who stood on mountaintops during thunderstorms in wet copper armour shouting "All the Gods are bastards."

Comment

First season of AOT was all right...but I never got into the other seasons.
                  Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
                  In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post
                    First season of AOT was all right...but I never got into the other seasons.
                    I think there is three seasons now right? Plus a movie (not the live action one)....

My wife saw a preview of AoT and wants to give it a try....so I may end up giving it another go.....
                    "We won't know if we can do it unless we try!" - Haruki Bando

"I enjoy trying new things. I want to challenge myself to do something no one else has done!" - Wataru Mizoguchi

Avatar - Haruki Bando and Kazuma Hashimoto from Cheer Boys!

Comment

The two Fullmetal Alchemist shows are superior action shows AOT. Even Soul Eater is better a better action show than AOT.

Comment

I'll leave Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works here!
                        No matter how great you make yourself sound, you're still just a naive boy who's all talk and who only dreams of victory in his head. - C.C.

Yu Alexius Anime Blog

Comment

Kimetsu no Yaiba and Katsugeki Touken Ranbu were actually better than AOT.....and ufotable can't write for shit.
                          Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
                          In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Originally posted by mopa8930

While there are probably more great action anime than any other genre, Attack on Titan is the best because the virtual lack of plot armor means nobody is ever truly safe, and the stakes are always very real.
                            NO PLOT ARMOR.

God, these bot accounts are hilarious with their preprogrammed rants.

Comment

Working...
                            X