Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what kind of anime is popular for any age group??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what kind of anime is popular for any age group??

i am interested in anime but i dont really know about this topic.

The most obvious example are prime time sitcoms type shows like Doraemon or Sazae-san that have been going on forever and have a broad audience. Beyond that, some shows from various genres manage to hit it big and find an audience beyond their original target audience. Many of them were originally written for what would be called a young adult audience in the US but find an audience well beyond that sort of like Harry Potter or the Hunger Games. One Piece or Sailor Moon are a couple of examples.
    Avatar - Lotte the Succubus. Vampires need blood to survive. Succubi need another fluid from men.
    "The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive." -Thomas Sowell

Comment

This all depends on what kind of Genres you like....Anime has a range of different themes...do you enjoy Mecha (Robots), Action, Sci-Fi, Romance, etc.? Maybe you like slice of life series (things about daily lives) or more family orientated?
      "We won't know if we can do it unless we try!" - Haruki Bando

"I enjoy trying new things. I want to challenge myself to do something no one else has done!" - Wataru Mizoguchi

Avatar - Haruki Bando and Kazuma Hashimoto from Cheer Boys!

Comment

Most Miyazaki films while intended for young girls tend to be universally popular among both kids and adults. The same thing could be said of shounen anime which is targeted towards young boys but is a very popular genre for all ages due to how easily accessible they are.

Comment

Tastes differ. When I was at school, I liked different anime about school life. Being at college, I watch Harem anime lol. Also I know that Isekai and Sci-Fi anime and manga are the most popular now among different audience

Comment

Originally posted by Tamang View Post
            i am interested in anime but i dont really know about this topic.
            You can start as others said, by watching Ghibli movies(Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, etc) or a series that's mainstream and on US television like Sailor Moon, Attack on Titan, the Sword Art Online series...if you have Cartoon Network, you can usually catch anime on Saturday nights.

Otherwise, as HankLight said, tastes might differ. I suggest probably checking out a Ghibli movie first
            Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
            In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Originally posted by HankLight View Post
              Tastes differ. When I was at school, I liked different anime about school life. Being at college, I watch Harem anime lol. Also I know that Isekai and Sci-Fi anime and manga are the most popular now among different audience
              This is true. When I first started to get into anime many years ago I used to only go for series that was shojo, comedy, or reverse harem. Today I will pretty much watch anything if it looks interesting; however, that said most ecchi harem series where the main male character is bland and blaugh I don't care for....I have a few of these series in my collection that I have not even finished because I lost interest in the series either at the beginning or in the middle. I am keeping them because maybe someday I might actually want to try to watch them again.
              "We won't know if we can do it unless we try!" - Haruki Bando

"I enjoy trying new things. I want to challenge myself to do something no one else has done!" - Wataru Mizoguchi

Avatar - Haruki Bando and Kazuma Hashimoto from Cheer Boys!

Comment

Working...
              X