• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Guardian Spice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZSOGZFfSDk

Comments and like bar disabled.

Think about that before clicking play.

If they had just made this part of the Cartoon Hangover channel on VRV along with the rest of the anime wannabe's, instead of trying to promote it through CR, this whole shit storm that's raging could have been largely avoided.
    Last edited by Ohiotaku; August 26th, 2018, 01:56 PM.
    Good taters, good meat. Good gravy, let's eat.

Comment

Oh dear god, the CR forums were RAGING...

As for the show itself...looks like a Cartoon Network reject.
      Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
      In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

They tell us almost nothing about the show itself. All we get is that it's a magical world and that they are training to be Guardians. The artwork suggests a fantasy world. That's all we get. Instead of pitching the series, we get a lot of hot air about "muh representation". It touts having a diverse cast as if girl characters or brownish characters were some new thing in current year. Neither is even a little unusual. It touts its female staff as if American publishing were not already dominated by white women. American publishing is already 78% white and 79% female. That the writing staff is a gaggle of white women is not new or unique. It's all a bunch of empty noise. We have female characters in a school genre that has always had characters that are almost all or all female. At least I am guessing that it's a moe moe school show since they really don't really say what it is. Their writing staff is a bunch of white women in a publishing industry that is overwhelming dominated by white women. How exciting. The voices of white women aren't being heard? They can't be serious with this. They don't pitch the merits of the series at all beyond vaguely saying that it has heart. It's no surprise that some people suspect that it lacks merit and they are trying to push it based on "muh diversity" because of that. It would help if they focused their pitch on what makes the show good or interesting rather than the genitalia of the writing staff.
        Last edited by old hat; August 26th, 2018, 06:35 PM.
        Avatar - Nyaralthotep in it's cute anime girl form

"A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers.." FA Hayek

Comment

yeah, I don't really give a s**t if it's a staff full of white women. Give me a good story, good art and characters that don't look like something out of the CN reject pile.
          Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
          In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

For weeks prior to this announcement, the "stress out" issue on the forums had been that AT&T had bought out the parent company and subscribers were worried about how they would decide to "improve" the service and then they release a propaganda piece calling it PR. Just goes to show having money doesn't mean you're smart. As for the whole "all female creative staff" being revolutionary , CLAMP's been making and contributing to anime series that have broad appeal for close to 30 years now.

So, am I pissed off enough to cancel my subscription? Not at this time, but if I notice them culling actual anime series or reducing the number of anime titles they license going forward to make room for their "original content", then yes, absolutely. I can find plenty of series like this so call "CrunchyRoll Original" on CN, DXD or Nicktoons. And this is coming from someone who actually has some appreciation for series like MLP:FIM, Steven Universe & Miraculous Ladybug.
            Good taters, good meat. Good gravy, let's eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Haruhi View Post
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZSOGZFfSDk

Comments and like bar disabled.

Think about that before clicking play.
              Never trust anything by Tumblrinas and a dirty old men who wears a dead seahorse.
              “Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.” George Orwell.

"When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier when it's called 'The People's Stick' ." Mikhail Bakunin

"A citizen can hardly distinguish between a tax and a fine, except that the fine is generally much lighter." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Funimation dubs have had SWJ "Jokes" lately and there've been articles written and promoted even on Google itself talking about "fanservice is evil" and how anime/Japanese games need to change. I fear this is just the beginning.

Netflix and Amazon entering the market and the mainstream media saying anime is mainstream now were red flags. I remember the last mediums to go "Mainstream", those were video games and comics. How did that turn out again?
                "Not conspiracies, conspiracy! Singular. Reaching back to ancient Egypt there's been a single cabal of powerful individuals directing the course of human history. But the common man prefers to believe they don't exist, which aids their success."

New anime website: Sakura Anime News

Comment

Working...
                X