Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any suggestions for a Gundam-centric forums site?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any suggestions for a Gundam-centric forums site?

Hey everyone - I've totally enjoyed getting to know the Rightstuf - Animenation forums community (you're all really fantastic human beings), but I'm not very wide-ranging in my anime consumption at the moment, with most of my time going to various Gundam titles. Ever since I got the forums itch a few months ago, I've had my eye on the Gundam Forums as linked in this post.

Thing is, I can't register for the site because they're using an expired version of reCAPTCHA for registration verification/bot protection and I can't sign up! It's bugging me a little more than it should, but I was wondering if anyone here has any alternate suggestions or knows a way to get through to forums admins there to find out if there's a possible fix? Someone must have noticed by now that there haven't been any new members since June 5... (I think I missed this date by just a few days or a couple weeks at most, argh!).
    Welcome to Gundam Forums. Become a member today and start talking to hundreds of Gundam enthusiasts.

mahq's forum perhaps? www.mechatalk.net

Forums are sadly kinda fading. Many seem to use Reddit instead.
    www.reddit.com/r/Gundam/

Comment

Cool, good suggestions! I have to admit, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to Reddit, but that link you shared looks like something I'd be able to get into. Maybe I'll become Reddit savvy soon

Comment

Originally posted by Levo View Post
        mahq's forum perhaps? www.mechatalk.net

Forums are sadly kinda fading. Many seem to use Reddit instead.
        www.reddit.com/r/Gundam/
        Reddit Gundam is a mixed bag of decent posters lots of bad ones and jerks who moderate. I prefer /M on 4chan because you don't have to worry about random acts of modness and the format is more free flowing. Then there are the Char memes.
        “Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.” George Orwell.

"When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier when it's called 'The People's Stick' ." Mikhail Bakunin

"A citizen can hardly distinguish between a tax and a fine, except that the fine is generally much lighter." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by Bernard_Monsha View Post

Reddit Gundam is a mixed bag of decent posters lots of bad ones and jerks who moderate. I prefer /M on 4chan because you don't have to worry about random acts of modness and the format is more free flowing. Then there are the Char memes.
          At least on first glance Reddit seems a little easier for me to navigate (and easier on the eyes in terms of formatting). I'll give 4chan a shot though!

Comment

Working...
          X