My Recent Purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Recent Purchase

Since I'm on a budget with the last of my birthday money, I thought I would buy some Anime. After reading about some of my favorite Horror Anime titles like Shiki, for example losing their licenses, I searched for the cheapest I could find.

Shiki was not within my budget. Neither was xxxHolic.

T
    he online advertisements claiming that shoppers will get the complete box set of xxxHolic is very misleading. The series has 37 episodes and all 37 cost more than $17 and $18.

Then, I looked at Walmart and saw Ghost Hunt on sale for $16. That doesn't seem like it's in serious danger just yet.

Instead, I bought The Wallflower
    at Barnes & Noble. Considering that it is a Horror Comedy Anime, which is a rare find, I bought The Wallflower instead.
    Visit my website It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns
    Are There Really Social Media Sites For Anime Fans?

I knew Shiki was out of print; Isn't xxxholic under Funi's S.A.V.E titles?

Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
    In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Saying that Xxxholic had 37 episodes means she’s including Xxxholic Kei, which was never even licensed in the US. Guess you would have to buy an import version.

As far as Shiki is concerned, Rightstuf is showing the SAVE version on sale for just over $10, but in limited quantities. I was lucky enough to pick up the Blu-ray/dvd version at Walmart back in October
      Current Avatar: Macrophage from Cells at Work

Comment

Originally posted by Ohiotaku View Post
        Saying that Xxxholic had 37 episodes means she’s including Xxxholic Kei, which was never even licensed in the US. Guess you would have to buy an import version.

As far as Shiki is concerned, Rightstuf is showing the SAVE version on sale for just over $10, but in limited quantities. I was lucky enough to pick up the Blu-ray/dvd version at Walmart back in October
        Yes, after I had just ordered The Wallflower, someone else told me on another site that RightStuf has Shiki for $10. I always read and hear about shows losing their licenses.

What exactly does that mean? Does that mean that another company will buy a series or does that mean it will no longer exist at any stores?

Comment

Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post
          I knew Shiki was out of print; Isn't xxxholic under Funi's S.A.V.E titles?
          I was hunting for the entire 37 episodes of xxxHolic because I read it has 2 seasons. I was mostly dead set on buying that show because I never have the chance to actually sit and watch it online.

Because I keep learning about certain shows losing their licenses, I wanted to buy at least 1 series for a decent price. Considering that The Wallflower is such a rare Horror Comedy Anime to find, I bought that instead.

While searching online 2 nights ago, I can't believe I missed Shiki when I was already browsing through Anime on RightStuf.

Comment

Ahhh...I see.

Funi only licensed the first season though. They never did bring over season two.
            Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
            In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Yeah, hopefully if I still have more money left to spend and as long as Shiki manages to stay at $10, I will try buying it. I need to take something else, that was overpriced back to the store anyway. There are other things I want and need to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaLovesAnime View Post

What exactly does that mean? Does that mean that another company will buy a series or does that mean it will no longer exist at any stores?
                Unsold copies that were already manufactured will still be out there, but it's a matter of finding what store has them. And of course there will still be used copies at places like Half-Price Books or Ebay.
                As far as another company picking it up, it may happen it may not, depends on whether another company thinks it can make money off it. If I remember correctly, it was years after Geneon's license on Higurashi expired before Sentai picked it up (and brought over season 2 & the OVAs to boot). I tend to use Anime News Network to stay up on licneses/relicenses and anime news is general.

Comment

I'm somewhat surprised that Shiki is being dumped so fast. It only came out 6 years ago, if memory serves me right.

Then again, if it's not a popular Action Anime title, nobody really cares. LOL! Gotta love it. I'm going to try and save some money to buy Shiki.

Other stores want more money for it. Via RightStuf chat, I was told that the series is a part of the company's 31st Golden Anniversary sale or something like that, which is why Shiki is so cheap.

Comment

^ They also said limited quantities so good luck

Comment

Yeah, thanks!

Comment

The complete series of The Wallflower just came in the mail today. I'm so excited. If I have a chance to buy Shiki from RightStuf before this month ends, I will be satisfied.

Comment

The complete series of The Wallflower just came in the mail today. I'm so excited. If I have a chance to buy Shiki from RightStuf before this month ends, I will be satisfied.
                          By all means, if you have a chance to buy Shiki, do so! It was a darn good show.
                          “An assassin aims high to bring his target low.”
                          ---Kuro Sensei, Assassination Classroom
                          Avatar: Tomoyo Daidouji, Cardcaptor Sakura
                          Anime watched in 2018: 325 episodes (81 shows: 59 watching, 22 completed, 0 dropped)

Comment

I'm somewhat surprised that Shiki is being dumped so fast. It only came out 6 years ago, if memory serves me right.
                            It's not so much that it's being dumped, it's because it's an Aniplex title in Japan and they haven't been allowing their shows to be licensed / relicensed by anybody but Aniplex of America. Though, if AoA isn't interested in (re)releasing a particular show, you can pretty much kiss owning a copy of it goodbye. Unfortunately, Shiki probably falls in that category. So yeah, if you want Shiki, grab a copy as soon as you can.

Upcoming Anime DVD/BD Releases: 2018
                            My Website ~ DVDProfiler ~ FilmAF

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhillyFlash View Post
                              By all means, if you have a chance to buy Shiki, do so! It was a darn good show.
                              It sure is. It's been 6 years, since I last watched Shiki online.

Comment

Working...
                              X