Seiyuu Ayaka Imamura Announces Immediate Retirement Due to Health Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seiyuu Ayaka Imamura Announces Immediate Retirement Due to Health Issue

Just saw this on a couple of sites this morning.

On June 29, 24-year-old voice actress Ayaka Imamura’s agency WHITE LINE announced on its website that she will end all of her professional activities as of June 30. You can also check her voice message on the site.

In the announcement, she says that she has started feeling ill since last year, and it has become difficult for her to concentrate on the job. The name of her disease is not specified. She adds, “I had been faced with a dilemma whether to continue to work under this condition or not. After a good deal of thinking, I have reached a decision to retire. So far, thanks to the support from all of fans, staff and co-actors, I was able to experience so many things. In spite of it, I failed to avoid this situation. I am truly sorry.”

She was born in Osaka in 1993 and took lessons for voice acting at Broadcasting Art College’s Osaka Animation School. She made her voice actress debut in One Week Friends. in 2014, then has voiced Miyabi Hotaka in Absolute Duo (2015), Yuriko Kogami in Beautiful Bones: Sakurako’s Investigation (2015), Mune Ohmune in Scorching Ping Pong Girls (2016), Ange in Princess Principal (2017), Michiru Amatsuki in Takunomi. (2018), and many others.

The Princess Principal anime franchise already plans to release a six-part sequel to the TV anime in theaters in 2019. The anime’s offcial website has announced her replacement will be announced as soon as decided.
    http://hallyunation.com/voice-actres...-health-issue/

“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” ― Ernest Hemingway
Working...
X