Are the Shonen Big 3 Still a Thing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the Shonen Big 3 Still a Thing?

Since Bleach is no more and Naruto moved on to Boruto, people have been wondering if the Shonen Big 3 are still a thing.

I wrote and article myself where I argue that they are still alive but in the form of:
    -One Piece
    -Boruto
    -My Hero Academia

Crunchyroll also had a recent article that argued that the new order was:
    -One Piece
    -My Hero Academia
    -Black Clover

What do you guys think? Do the Big 3 still exists? And if so, what are they now?
    "Not conspiracies, conspiracy! Singular. Reaching back to ancient Egypt there's been a single cabal of powerful individuals directing the course of human history. But the common man prefers to believe they don't exist, which aids their success."

New anime website: Sakura Anime News

I think the new Hot Shonen is probably MHA. I still haven't watched it yet lol.

I tried Black Clover and oh my god it was boring.
    Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
    In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post
      I tried Black Clover and oh my god it was boring.
      I heard it gets better after a while. I'm waiting until there's a good 50 episodes out before trying it.
      "Not conspiracies, conspiracy! Singular. Reaching back to ancient Egypt there's been a single cabal of powerful individuals directing the course of human history. But the common man prefers to believe they don't exist, which aids their success."

New anime website: Sakura Anime News

Comment

Yes, I'm sure there are at least 3 shonen series out there that are more popular than the rest, but quite honestly I've never really cared personally. I've watched about 7 episodes of Bleach and around 3 of Naruto and have zero interest in ever returning to them. I watched One Piece through the Alabasta arc before I got burned out and would like to resume someday, but have no idea when since I have too many titles I'm currently watching and in my backlog. Likewise my anime bucketlist is to watch every episode of Dragonball in all it's incarnations, but I usually don't get very far before burning out. I got through about 4 episodes of Black Clover before I couldn't take the MC anymore . I've seen all of MHA, and enjoy it, but the current season got off to a rough start for me. Overall I think I prefer series that have a more definitive end point rather than ones that just drag on, uisually years longer than they should have.
        Current avatar: Asirpa from Golden Kamuy

Comment

Originally posted by Ohiotaku View Post
          Yes, I'm sure there are at least 3 shonen series out there that are more popular than the rest, but quite honestly I've never really cared personally. I've watched about 7 episodes of Bleach and around 3 of Naruto and have zero interest in ever returning to them. I watched One Piece through the Alabasta arc before I got burned out and would like to resume someday, but have no idea when since I have too many titles I'm currently watching and in my backlog. Likewise my anime bucketlist is to watch every episode of Dragonball in all it's incarnations, but I usually don't get very far before burning out. I got through about 4 episodes of Black Clover before I couldn't take the MC anymore . I've seen all of MHA, and enjoy it, but the current season got off to a rough start for me. Overall I think I prefer series that have a more definitive end point rather than ones that just drag on, uisually years longer than they should have.
          After being into Bleach for so long, I don't want another longass series either.

In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohiotaku View Post
            I've seen all of MHA, and enjoy it, but the current season got off to a rough start for me.
            Season 3 was a rough start. The first episode wasn't good, they go to a pool and recap about previous events. Second episode they go on a school trip, not interesting. Perhaps that is intentional to lull you into a false sense of security where everyone is happy & fun because everything explodes in episode 3 when the villains attack. That is when it got really great and I'm loving it now.

Comment

I will say that each episode of this season has been an improvement over the previous one. A lot of people were blown away by the Deku/Muscular/Kota episode, but it didn't really start appealing to me again until the following episode.
              Current avatar: Asirpa from Golden Kamuy

Comment

I think that people really want there to be such a thing as the Jump Big 3 for reasons that are unclear to me. If you start with the premise that there is a Big 3 and then try to identify them, you can come up with something. If there were a Big 3, we wouldn't need to ponder and analyze. It would be obvious. It looks like there is One Piece and a handful of other titles that are in and out of the top 3 on a week by week basis. I don't think there is a Big 3 now.

Comment

old hat is basically right the idea of the big three died when bleach died and possibly even before then as bleach was constantly declining in popularity

Comment

I have to concur as well.

I mean, no one talks about 'BIG THREE' anymore. Bleach killed it, as it killed off a lot of things

Comment

Working...
                    X