About Tokyo Ghoul: re

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About Tokyo Ghoul: re

I just finished watching the Tokyo Ghoul:re episode 1. There is at least 1 other character, that I recognized besides Ken Kaneki. It's best to watch the 2 OVA's, Tokyo Ghoul: JACK and PINTO.

In case you never watched JACK and PINTO, they are prequels about Kishou Arima and Shuu Tsukiyama's pasts. The photographer in this season of Tokyo Ghoul: re is in Tokyo Ghoul: PINTO.
    Visit my website It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns
    Are There Really Social Media Sites For Anime Fans?

I'm 3 episodes in and very disappointed since I was really looking forward to more Tokyo Ghoul. It seems to really be for the manga readers only. Its slow/uninteresting/dull & confusing since I never read the manga which I shouldn't have to, they should animate it all. You know adapt a manga correctly, instead the anime franchise is a mess. Also the animation & music are below average, I mean season 1 had way better production and its years older.

GRArkada said it best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MM3PIjGFms
    MyAnimeList
    Avatar: Neferpitou -Hunter x Hunter

Comment

Honestly, the only real complaint I have about Tokyo Ghoul in general is that I never liked their opening and ending theme songs. Otherwise, I still like watching this series.

So far, the only people I've seen and heard complaining about the overall Tokyo Ghoul franchise have been Toonami fans, especially those who were Adult Swim posters. They love to nitpick everything and everyone.

Toonami posters from the former Adult Swim forum love to complain about the Tokyo Ghoul Anime not being written like the Manga. Maybe the fandom would like this new season better because it goes more with the Tokyo Ghoul Manga. Then again, you never know. This particular franchise can't seem to please much of anybody. LOL!

Even though I am not a Manga reader, I am somewhat able to understand the Tokyo Ghoul Anime. In the OVA's, viewers of the series have a chance to learn the high school history of Kisho Arima, Shuu Tsukiyami, and their friends. Since Adult Swim has a thing about not airing Anime OVA's, viewers have a greater chance of being confused.

Some OVA's give the history of characters and sometimes prepare viewers for an ongoing series. Right now, it seems like the Tokyo Ghoul Anime is trying to unravel Ken Kaneki's past because his memories were erased.

Comment

I like the OP for Tokyo Ghoul season 1. Although I find it overrated since fans treat it as one of the best OP, its not that special. I don't really care the for OP for √A and Re however.

I hear plenty of complaints about Tokyo Ghoul and never from Toonami viewers who I rarely talk to and which I think are in the minority when it comes to this franchise. Its huge on streaming & home video, by the time it aired on Toonami most fans have already seen it. I see the hate mostly from fans of the manga, where and how they watched the anime is irrelevant.
        Really I don't think this new season should air on Toonami just because of how lost & confused anime viewers will be since it seems more aimed at hardcore readers of the manga.
        This season is very mixed feedback. https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1720925
        MyAnimeList
        Avatar: Neferpitou -Hunter x Hunter

Comment

So far, I have mostly read and heard complaints about the Tokyo Ghoul Anime, not so much the Manga for it. The Toonami fanbase will hate it regardless, especially those fans who mostly watch the block only for the ratings.

They will fixate on ratings for every show and act like they're Siskel & Ebert calculating ratings on their fingers and toes, while scrutinizing everything.

Too bad Chiller TV no longer exists. Tokyo Ghoul would've been better suited for their Horror Anime block.

Comment

Working...
          X