Favorite Series of 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Series of 2017

No, they don't have to be from this year specifically....just whatever you watched and liked.

--Showa Rangoku

--Your Name

--The Boy and the Beast

--Katsugeki Touken Ranbu

--New Game (both seasons)

--Konosuba (both seasons and really...WHY ISNT THIS MASTERPIECE LICENSED?)

--March Comes in Like A Lion 2

--Recovery of an MMO Junkie

--Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

--Land of the Lustrous
    Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
    In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

My Hero Academia season 2 (already anticipating season 3)
    Ancient Magus Bride OVA (much more enjoyable than the tv series to this point)
    Beautiful Bones: Sakurako's Investigation (seriously needs a 2nd season, or at least an OVA or movie to pick up where things left off)
    Konosuba seasons 1 & 2 (masterpiece might be going too far, but would definitely like to see this get a physical release)
    Recovery of an MMO Junkie (short on substance & largely fluff but absolutely charming nonetheless)
    Little Wich Academia (even though it really didn't live up to my expectations, there was still plenty to like & the Diana 2-parter was damm near perfect)
    Ushio & Tora tv series (despite the monster-of-the week feel of the early episodes, the final arc tied them all into the truly epic climax)
    Shiki (I can easily see me watching this every year as a Halloween tradition)
    Interviews with Monster Girls (Hikari's genki cuteness & Sakie's dorky sexiness just made this series )
    Akiba's Trip (absolutely ridiculous, but I still enjoyed it )
    Star Blazers 2199 (ongoing - hopefully by this time next year Funi will have done a physical release of their version)
    Last edited by Ohiotaku; December 8th, 2017, 11:39 PM.
    Current Avatar: Piccolo from Dragon Ball Z

"The Grinch hated Christmas! The whole Christmas season! Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason. It could be his head wasn't screwed on just right. It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight. But I think that the most likely reason of all, May have been that his heart was two sizes too small."

Comment

Favourite from 2017: My Hero Academia 2, Attack on Titan 2. Gabriel Dropout was funny and Interviews with Monster Girls and Kobayashi were charming but I think the novelty wore off after a bit.

Overall: My Hero Academia, Fate/Zero, Ushio and Tora, Sweetness and Lightning, Chuunibyou season 1, Amagi Brilliant Park, Yuri on Ice, Snow White with the Red Hair (based on season 1), DurararaX2 Ten and Ketsu, Cowboy Bebop movie.

Honourable mentions: Death Parade, Welcome to the NHK, Mob Psycho 100 (Not a fan of the artstyle).
      New anime now watching: Snow White with the red hair, Coyote Ragtime Show. Avatar: Deku, All Might and Bakugo (My Hero Academia).
      "I want the Turbo Man action figure with the arms and legs that move and the boomerang shooter and his rock'n roller jet pack and the realistic voice activator that says 5 different phrases including, "It's Turbo time!" Accessories sold separately. Batteries not included.." Jamie, Jingle all the Way.

Comment

ACCA 13
        Joker Game
        Attack on Titan 2
        Little Witch Academia TV
        Your Name
        In This Corner of the World
        A Silent Voice
        The Dragon Dentist
        Blame!
        Tsuki ga Kirei
        Ancient Magus' Bride
        Made in Abyss
        Kino's Journey The Beautiful World
        Last edited by t-Roy; December 8th, 2017, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Soul Eater, nuff said.

Comment

My Top 10 Anime of 2017 as follows:

1. Natsume Yuujinchou Roku
            2. Made in Abyss
            3. Re:CREATORS
            4. Attack on Titan Season 2
            5. The Ancient Magus' Bride
            6. Children of the Whales
            7. Boku no Hero Academia 2
            8. Tsuki ga Kirei
            10. Altair: A Record of Battles

Overall: (Watched This 2017 - aside from what I had mention above)

Tokyo Ghoul, Attack on Titan (Yeah, i know I am late), Shinsekai Yori, Kino's Journey, Just Because!, A Silent Voice, In this Corner of the World, Log Horizon, Romeo x Juliet, Basilisk, Honey & Clover, Berserk.
            No matter how great you make yourself sound, you're still just a naive boy who's all talk and who only dreams of victory in his head. - C.C.

Yu Alexius Anime Blog

Comment

Gabriel DropOut

Saga of Tanya the Evil

Comment

Working...
              X