Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Witch Hunter Robin Should Be Brought Back To TV!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post

Well...you gotta understand though;

Most casual anime watchers probably know only of Dragon Ball and the ten billion series after it. They might know of Naruto as well.

So it's only natural that AS is going to focus most of its programming to its biggest anime title.
    This may seem fine to some viewers right now, but they will eventually become tired and want to watch different shows. There is so much out there. Why should Adult Swim and Toonami limit their viewers?
    Visit my website It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns
    Are There Really Social Media Sites For Anime Fans?

Comment

I wouldn't mind see WHR comeback to television for the simple reason that when it aired , i had to work on Sunday mornings early , so i wound up missing a good portion of it. But i also agree that AS is becoming a nostalgia network , rather than showing newer more interesting stuff. Dragonball super may be new episodes , but it's still dragonball , then there's Naruto , and with the addition of Outlaw star and Cowboy bebop making it's infrequent yet anticipated appearance, yeah i think they're banking more on nostalgia than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by VashtheStampede View Post
        I wouldn't mind see WHR comeback to television for the simple reason that when it aired , i had to work on Sunday mornings early , so i wound up missing a good portion of it. But i also agree that AS is becoming a nostalgia network , rather than showing newer more interesting stuff. Dragonball super may be new episodes , but it's still dragonball , then there's Naruto , and with the addition of Outlaw star and Cowboy bebop making it's infrequent yet anticipated appearance, yeah i think they're banking more on nostalgia than anything else.
        EXACTLY! The main reason why the Toonami block was brought back was for those fans, that grew up watching the block. When Jason DeMarco revived it, he claimed that Toonami on Adult Swim would be a little different, saying that it would air "more mature content" than when it aired on Cartoon Network.

Granted, there is LESS censorship now on Adult Swim than there was before. However, this Toonami revival is more of a regression because the fans, that spent YEARS on message boards, YouTube, and other social media sites whined, "I miss Toonami." "Bring back Toonami." "Toonami was my childhood."

After Cartoon Network said they did not want to bring it back, they passed it to Adult Swim. Then, Jason DeMarco and The Toonami Team became more daring by showing Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins. I did not like either show, especially Deadman Wonderland.

In 2012, I believe I only watched Toonami for Bleach, since it was still airing and for Samurai 7. The most I watched of the block was in 2014 because Toonami aired Bleach, Blue Exorcist, Black Lagoon, and Hellsing Ultimate.

Comment

The only reason WHR would return is for nostalgia, but its not about that. Its about the numbers. So of course WHR won't return just like many others that have aired in the past. I'm not saying its great that the block isn't the most diverse ever but its all very understandable if you look at the business point of view.

Most who have nostalgia for Cowboy Bebop & Outlaw Star have seen it so many times(& maybe own it by now) would probably not watch anyway, but for brand new viewers it could be a nice change from all the new shows. Its really not a big deal since they always show reruns at the end of the block, better to bring back older anime we haven't seen in a while at the end of the block than rerun a newer show we've just seen on the block.

Comment

Ratings aren't just some arbitrary, random number that people inexplicably obsess over. Ratings tell you how many people are watching a show which determines how much you can charge for ads during that show. That's the main determiner of how much money a show makes or doesn't make. Ratings are life and death on TV. People are concerned about them for a real reason. The existence of the Toonami block isn't a given. It has gone away before because there weren't enough people watching and that can happen again. Ignoring what people actually do and don't want to watch is probably the quickest way to make that happen. How many people do you really think are interested in watching an obscure, fifteen year old show like Witch Hunter Robin? Let's put Tsukihime on too. I mean why not?

Okay. I went to the Toonami forum and made an account. I made several responses and started a thread. There was some disagreement but this horrendous, toxic community you keep talking about somehow never appeared. Maybe it's because I didn't insult them, talk down to them or constantly assert dubious, implausible things as facts with no basis at all. By the way, I am still waiting for anything to back the claim that other networks canceled their anime blocks solely because Cartoon Network had done so rather than poor ratings or that there was some big opportunity there to miss. Something backing the assertion that Toonami was brought back because of people whining on social media rather than to see if there was an audience again would be a nice bonus.

Surrounded? Do they come to your house, sneak in and perch around you while you watch TV? Could you please consider toning down the melodrama a little?
            Avatar -I have no idea who that is.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaLovesAnime View Post

This may seem fine to some viewers right now, but they will eventually become tired and want to watch different shows. There is so much out there. Why should Adult Swim and Toonami limit their viewers?

It's not that they're limiting their viewers. It's not 2002 anymore where anime was rare. Most series and movies are pretty much licensed and are on stream sites everywhere.

I agree that they could probably take some more risks and broadcast more diverse titles...but they're still a television network in the end that's going to go for what the people want. Even if it's 15-20 year old series that most people have watched thousands of times and probably own the dvds/brs by now.
              Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
              In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Those nostalgia loving freaks have no taste like I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Levo View Post
                  The only reason WHR would return is for nostalgia, but its not about that. Its about the numbers. So of course WHR won't return just like many others that have aired in the past. I'm not saying its great that the block isn't the most diverse ever but its all very understandable if you look at the business point of view.

Most who have nostalgia for Cowboy Bebop & Outlaw Star have seen it so many times(& maybe own it by now) would probably not watch anyway, but for brand new viewers it could be a nice change from all the new shows. Its really not a big deal since they always show reruns at the end of the block, better to bring back older anime we haven't seen in a while at the end of the block than rerun a newer show we've just seen on the block.
                  Generally speaking, it really doesn't make sense to expand the block when most are either sleeping, or working odd shift jobs. Sure, viewers can always DVR it or record with VCR's if they still have VCR's. However, it would be more logical to air the Toonami block at more reasonable hours.

DeMarco refused to budge on the time for the last 5 years, until recently. The same applies with him not wanting to air Outlaw Star, when fans begged for it for the same 5 years.

I get the impression that after being badgered for so long, DeMarco caves in to please certain fans because he's been contradicting himself, since the time of reviving Toonami. Also, I still question why he refuses it to air the block during primetime hours. Maybe he's worried that Toonami won't be able to handle the competition of other shows on other networks.

I don't think too many networks are airing any shows worth watching on the weekends anyway, unless I didn't get a memo. LOL! Normally, there's barely anything worth watching on the weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by old hat View Post
                    Okay. I went to the Toonami forum and made an account. I made several responses and started a thread. There was some disagreement but this horrendous, toxic community you keep talking about somehow never appeared. Maybe it's because I didn't insult them, talk down to them or constantly assert dubious, implausible things as facts with no basis at all. By the way, I am still waiting for anything to back the claim that other networks canceled their anime blocks solely because Cartoon Network had done so rather than poor ratings or that there was some big opportunity there to miss. Something backing the assertion that Toonami was brought back because of people whining on social media rather than to see if there was an audience again would be a nice bonus.

Surrounded? Do they come to your house, sneak in and perch around you while you watch TV? Could you please consider toning down the melodrama a little?
                    The sub-forum I've been talking about was originally on Adult Swim's forum. Because Adult Swim's forum was such a sewer, they completely shut it down December 22, 2016. That was literally 2 days before Christmas Eve. They didn't even warn their volunteers about shutting the board down, which says a lot about the people running Adult Swim in general.

Before joining Adult Swim's forum, I used to post on a YouTube vlogger's facebook fan page about Toonami. We dealt with other Toonami fans attacking anyone, who didn't share their views about the programming. Another YouTube vlogger, who was also an Adult Swim volunteer made a call out vlog about him.

While you're so busy talking about me and my "melodrama," I already had this argument with you months ago. Can you tone down your cynicism just a little? Just because you didn't personally see or experienced what happened, doesn't mean it never existed.

Comment

Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post
                      It's not that they're limiting their viewers. It's not 2002 anymore where anime was rare. Most series and movies are pretty much licensed and are on stream sites everywhere.

I agree that they could probably take some more risks and broadcast more diverse titles...but they're still a television network in the end that's going to go for what the people want. Even if it's 15-20 year old series that most people have watched thousands of times and probably own the dvds/brs by now.
                      This is very true.

Comment

Originally posted by SwatKat90 View Post
                        Those nostalgia loving freaks have no taste like I do.
                        LOL! Gotta love it.
                        Last edited by AnnaLovesAnime; September 13th, 2017, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaLovesAnime View Post

While you're so busy talking about me and my "melodrama," I already had this argument with you months ago. Can you tone down your cynicism just a little? Just because you didn't personally see or experienced what happened, doesn't mean it never existed.

Saying it's so doesn't actually make it so. We didn't actually have an argument. I asked you to back up some of what you were saying and you deflected just like you are doing now. By the way, that video doesn't actually do anything to back up anything you are claiming except to confirm that trolls are still a thing which everyone knows and no one disputes.
                          Avatar -I have no idea who that is.

Comment

Working...
                          X