• Show
Clear All

• superplough
    started a topic Daily Anime Thoughts

Daily Anime Thoughts

Let's try this again

• TsukuyomiMagi99
    replied
    Looks like Animeigo will be starting a Megazone 23 Kickstarter after they’re finished with Gunsmith Cats. Megazone 23 finally getting a Blu-ray release outside of Japan is awesome! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2475011

Leave a comment:

• Sora N
    replied
    Originally posted by Ohiotaku View Post
    Confession time: In nearly 40 years of watching anime, I have NEVER been able to stick with a Gundam series all the way through to the end. I managed to get further into Iron Blooded Orphans than most, but still dropped out before the end of the first season. In alot of cases they weren’t necessarily bad (I’ve definitely sat through worse), but as a franchise it just doesn’t hold my interest. This season seems rather weak though, so will probably try again
    Are you just not into mecha all that much? Some Gundam series really are not all that great, but there are some pretty decent ones out there.

Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post

Either way the Stans won't shut up. And we lose the biggest distributor of anime in the US...
    I truly hope this is not going to be the case and for those of us who prefers dubs and home video releases this will be very bad.

Leave a comment:

• Levo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ohiotaku View Post
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-anime/.145934

Confession time: In nearly 40 years of watching anime, I have NEVER been able to stick with a Gundam series all the way through to the end. I managed to get further into Iron Blooded Orphans than most, but still dropped out before the end of the first season. In alot of cases they weren’t necessarily bad (I’ve definitely sat through worse), but as a franchise it just doesn’t hold my interest. This season seems rather weak though, so will probably try again
    Watching Gundam the Origin: Advent of the Red Comet before first Gundam? While its not completely necessary I do think the Origin was intended for those that have seen the first Gundam. Even in the manga these events aren't in the beginning(anime adapts books 5-7), its to give further background for events & characters were familiar with. So I recommend watching the compilation Movie Trilogy first, although again not the biggest deal if you don't.

Leave a comment:

• old hat
    replied
    Funimation has damaged its own reputation and credibility. This is a self-inflicted wound.

Leave a comment:

• SwatKat90
    replied

Either way the Stans won't shut up. And we lose the biggest distributor of anime in the US...
    That would also mean Funimation's talent pool will effected.

Leave a comment:

• goddessofanime
    replied
    Originally posted by SwatKat90 View Post

If Vic wins this lawsuit, it will shatter Funimation's reputation and they will lose two great dub VAs from the talent pool.

Leave a comment:

• SwatKat90
    replied
    Oh S**T. This is actually happening:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...d-toye/.145898

I figured he'd probably would sue for something...I mean, he ain't getting a million bucks but....damn. This scandal ain't going away anytime soon.
    If Vic wins this lawsuit, it will shatter Funimation's reputation and they will lose two great dub VAs from the talent pool.

Leave a comment:

• Ohiotaku
    replied
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-anime/.145934

Leave a comment:

• TsukuyomiMagi99
    replied
    Great first Monkey Punch, then Kazuo Koike who’s next Ichiro Itano, Buichi Terasawa, Rumiko Takahashi, Takao Saito, Yoshiyuki Tomino? 2019 has been a sad year for anime/manga fans. Rest In Peace Lone Wolf, may you join your wife up in heaven

Leave a comment:

• Sora N
    replied
    A little late news; however, for those interested in yaoi/BL series Love Stage!! is getting an English Dub!

Originally posted by TsukuyomiMagi99 View Post
    In something more lighthearted, I recently watched the Crusher Joe preview from Animeigo and noticed how every spaceship was hand drawn. I honestly miss that, everything (sometimes including characters) nowadays is CGI. Hand drawn artwork feels more personal that someone put in a lot of love and effort to create art. I am aware of the hardships faced by animators in the industry so I know why CGI is used, but I miss entirely 2D hand drawn animation.
    I too miss those days and not just in anime, but in animation all together (like Disney).

I figured he'd probably would sue for something...I mean, he ain't getting a million bucks but....damn. This scandal ain't going away anytime soon.
    This is not a surprise. There is no evidence that he ever did any of the things he was being accused of. He lost his primary job and conventions and will not be hired again by an anime company or beyond more then likely.

Leave a comment:

• goddessofanime
    replied

Leave a comment:

• goddessofanime
    replied
    Originally posted by Levo View Post
    Sadly after Monkey Punch died another manga icon died. Kazuo Koike who created Lone Wolf & Cub, Crying Freeman & Lady Snowblood. Some of which were turned into live-action movies. The Lone Wolf & Cub movie series is fantastic.
    Sad day for anime/manga fans indeed. And Koike just commented on Monkey Punch's passing too.

Leave a comment:

• Levo
    replied
    Sadly after Monkey Punch died another manga icon died. Kazuo Koike who created Lone Wolf & Cub, Crying Freeman & Lady Snowblood. Some of which were turned into live-action movies. The Lone Wolf & Cub movie series is fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• SwatKat90
    replied
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...b-cast/.145876

Excellent, Johnny Yong Bosch returns as Lelouch once again.

Originally posted by TsukuyomiMagi99 View Post
    In something more lighthearted, I recently watched the Crusher Joe preview from Animeigo and noticed how every spaceship was hand drawn. I honestly miss that, everything (sometimes including characters) nowadays is CGI. Hand drawn artwork feels more personal that someone put in a lot of love and effort to create art. I am aware of the hardships faced by animators in the industry so I know why CGI is used, but I miss entirely 2D hand drawn animation.
    You and I have something in common.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X