Clear All

• superplough
    started a topic Daily Anime Thoughts

Daily Anime Thoughts

Let's try this again

• goddessofanime
    replied
    Originally posted by Sora N View Post

I figured it was OOP, but RS still has it in DVD and for a good prince for the boxset. It looks like FUNI never licensed the 2nd season or the OVA's though....does it have a decent ending?
    I don't remember how the first season ended, but I liked the second season better. Thought it was more sad.

Leave a comment:

• Sora N
    replied
    Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post
    I still have the singles from Funi released xxxholic.
    I figured it was OOP, but RS still has it in DVD and for a good prince for the boxset. It looks like FUNI never licensed the 2nd season or the OVA's though....does it have a decent ending?

Leave a comment:

• goddessofanime
    replied
    I still have the singles from Funi released xxxholic.

Leave a comment:

• Sora N
    replied
    Originally posted by ThePhillyFlash View Post

I heard of that show but never saw it. I'm guessing the show is OOP, but perhaps it's streaming somewhere. Oh, yeah, forgot about X which I tried but dropped as it didn't appeal to me, but I liked xxxHolic which was plenty trippy.
    It looks like it is; however, I just found it really cheap on Amazon for under $25 new and sealed. I never saw xxxHolic....I should get that series...I have been thinking about it. I just saw it is still in print so I just added it to my wish list!

Leave a comment:

• ThePhillyFlash
    replied
    I love all of those series! Have you ever seen CLAMP School Detectives? If you have not you may really enjoy that series - It's fun and even though the main characters are in elementary school they are very gifted and do not act like normal children. Also, if you like CLAMP's work have you seen their darker series like X?
    I heard of that show but never saw it. I'm guessing the show is OOP, but perhaps it's streaming somewhere. Oh, yeah, forgot about X which I tried but dropped as it didn't appeal to me, but I liked xxxHolic which was plenty trippy.

Leave a comment:

• Sora N
    replied

I thought Discotek picked up KKM?
    As far as it stands right now they only released the first season. No word on the 2nd season or beyond. I just picked up the blu-ray (a re-buy) in hopes that they will pick up the rest.

Leave a comment:

• goddessofanime
    replied

For reals! Also there is a second season of Saiunkuoku that was never released. I am so upset about that...just like how Kyo Kara Maho's 3rd season and OVA's were never licensed.
    I thought Discotek picked up KKM?

Leave a comment:

• Sora N
    replied

Also....Damn Funi, you rescue X but you can't rescue Saiunkuoku?!
    For reals! Also there is a second season of Saiunkuoku that was never released. I am so upset about that...just like how Kyo Kara Maho's 3rd season and OVA's were never licensed.

Leave a comment:

• goddessofanime
    replied
    Originally posted by SwatKat90 View Post

Not to mention Shogo Asagi was made on the fly because Yuto Kigai and Kakyou Kuzuki were yet to be introduced. The production values are the only positive thing I can say about the movie.
    And the ending song.

Leave a comment:

• SwatKat90
    replied

...Damn. I ******ing love X. It was probably one of the first manga (along with the ones I mentioned already) that I liked when Viz used to publish their manga magazines.Characters like Kamui and Arashi are on my list of all time favorites(Arashi was the first female character I ever liked).

But the movie is Evangelion level garbage.

Not to mention Shogo Asagi was made on the fly because Yuto Kigai and Kakyou Kuzuki were yet to be introduced. The production values are the only positive thing I can say about the movie.

Leave a comment:

• goddessofanime
    replied
    Originally posted by ThePhillyFlash View Post

Magic Knight Rayearth was the very first anime adapted from a CLAMP manga that I ever watched....some twenty years ago. Cardcaptor Sakura came next, followed by Chobits, then Angelic Layer which I found to have been deceptively enjoyable.
    For me it was probably the X movie (ugh). Then I saw Rayearth series and the OVA that came out. I probably was more invested in the last season of CCS because of Eriol and Yue though. And I love Chobits.

I actually read Angelic Layer about a year or two ago after not reading it for so long. And it'd be pretty cool if they did a remake of Tokyo Babylon.

I wish they had kept up with Gate 7 because that had potential to be an anime. And I wish Funi would've licensed the rest of the xxxholic anime.

Leave a comment:

• goddessofanime
    replied

Funimation did. They have it now. I just looked on Right Stuf and they have a box set for $22.49. I have the old Geneon release.
    ...Damn. I ******ing love X. It was probably one of the first manga (along with the ones I mentioned already) that I liked when Viz used to publish their manga magazines.Characters like Kamui and Arashi are on my list of all time favorites(Arashi was the first female character I ever liked).

But the movie is Evangelion level garbage.

Leave a comment:

• Sora N
    replied

I didn't think that series got rescued...
    Funimation did. They have it now. I just looked on Right Stuf and they have a box set for $22.49. I have the old Geneon release.

Leave a comment:

• goddessofanime
    replied

I really enjoyed the darker side of CLAMP. The movie I agree is not all that great, but I still own it (on VHS ). Do you own the individual DVD's with the Chipbox? That is what I have with the black slip covers.
    I didn't think that series got rescued...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X