No announcement yet.

Daily Anime Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Iím going to wait until the end of the season to attempt watching Sarazanmai instead of trying to follow it weekly. I enjoyed PenguinDrum despite it being weird as ****, but Iím not sure Iím onboard with some of what Iíve heard about the new series. But Iíd hate to not at least give it a chance, especially since people are saying it has arguably the highest production quality of the season.
    Current Avatar: Ainz ooal Gown from Isekai Quartet

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ohayotaku

Comment

Interesting. I've highlighted shows I watched beginning to end and shows I started but dropped in italics, the rest I never bothered with:

All Purpose Cultural Catgirl Nuku Nuku Whole Kitten-Kaboodle collection (ugh that pun)
      Aquarian Age
      Ayashi no Ceres
      Black Cat
      Black Lagoon
      Ergo Proxy
      Eureka 7
      Figure 17

Glass Fleet
      Gravion
      Green Green (Don't remember why I bought this. It looks really stupid.)
      Hell Girl
      Hetalia:Axis Powers
      High School of the Dead (on BD no less. Why oh why?)
      Indian Summer
      Itsuka tenma no Kuro Usagi (not sure what this even is)
      Kaleidostar
      Kazo no Stigma
      Kurau Phantom Memory
      Moribito
      Sister Princess
      The Twelve Kingdoms
      UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie
      Witchblade

“I have no wish to fill my few remaining years mourning the loss of old friends.…or their sons."
      ---Alfred to Bruce Wayne, Batman (1989)
      Avatar: Asuna Yuuki, Sword Art Online
      Anime watched in 2019: 185 episodes (62 shows: 44 watching, 16 completed, 2 dropped)

Comment

Originally posted by old hat View Post
        I went through my anime collection and noted anything I haven't watched yet or stuff where I only watched an episode or two before stopping and watching something else.

Ayashi no Ceres
        Black Lagoon
        Ergo Proxy
        Kaleidostar
        Kazo no Stigma
        Kurau Phantom Memory
        The series I left up are ones I either liked or really enjoyed:

Ayashi no Ceres - If you liked Fushigi Yuugi you should enjoy this one to some degree. The anime is faster paced then the manga and leaves out some things, but the story all in all is good. My only real issues is that it should have been longer, but the story has a conclusion.
        Black Lagoon - Outlaws and lots of gun play. There is somewhat a story, but all in all it's mostly episodic. It's a good series to put on when you just want action.
        Ergo Proxy - If you like gothic futuristic dystopian anime you may enjoy it.
        Kaleido Star - Well since my user name is based on the main character of this series (Sora Naegino) the answer is clear I really enjoyed this series. A great slice of life series about following your dreams and making it happen.
        Kazo no Stigma - This was a fun anime, just wish it had more as the ending is very open...
        Kurau Phantom Memory - It's been a long time since I watched this series, but I remembered it was good and I believe it has an actual ending,

"Wow, and she never gave off a 'crazy cat lady' vibe!" - Prompto - FFXV

"Woohoo, we're alive! Let's celebrate by eating something dead!" Prompto - FFXV

"I swore an oath to stand with Noct and keep him safe...whatever it takes, I will protect him!" - Ignis Sukientia FFXV

Comment

I went through my anime collection and noted anything I haven't watched yet or stuff where I only watched an episode or two before stopping and watching something else.

All Purpose Cultural Catgirl Nuku Nuku Whole Kitten-Kaboodle collection (ugh that pun)
          Aquarian Age
          Ayashi no Ceres
          Black Cat
          Black Lagoon
          Ergo Proxy
          Eureka 7
          Figure 17
          Glass Fleet
          Gravion
          Green Green (Don't remember why I bought this. It looks really stupid.)
          Hell Girl
          Hetalia:Axis Powers
          High School of the Dead (on BD no less. Why oh why?)
          Indian Summer
          Itsuka tenma no Kuro Usagi (not sure what this even is)
          Kaleidostar
          Kazo no Stigma
          Kurau Phantom Memory
          Moribito
          Sister Princess
          The Twelve Kingdoms
          UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie
          Witchblade

Kind of embarrassing and dumb.
          I have a certain fondness for the Nuku-Nuku OVA for doing for custody battles what Project Ako did for schoolgirl rivalries, but couldn't get into the other versions.
          Aquarian Age (assuming it's the tv series), Figure 17 & Hell Girl (the 1st season) were all enjoyable enough for me.
          The rest either didn't impress me much or else I didn't watch/finish them
          Current Avatar: Ainz ooal Gown from Isekai Quartet

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ohayotaku

Comment

Sister Princess
            I just saw that they made a squeal Sister Princess: Re Pure....Sister Princess was not all that wonderful in the first place. I know I watched the entire series; however, I can't remember what it was about or even the plot of it....that is how forgettable that series is. I still have the series on my shelf...I don't even know if I will ever even bother watching that again (doubt it)...

"I swore an oath to stand with Noct and keep him safe...whatever it takes, I will protect him!" - Ignis Sukientia FFXV

Comment

All I remember about Sister Princess was that there was a Rei Ayanami clone in it.Or she reminded me of Rei Ayanami
              Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
              In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post
                All I remember about Sister Princess was that there was a Rei Ayanami clone in it.Or she reminded me of Rei Ayanami
                Must be one character that acted like Rei...I just looked up the series (so I can refresh myself on what the series was even about) and none of the females look like her. Hell I did not even remember there was an attempt of a story....

Comment

Sadly the creator of Lupin III died recently.
                  Avatar: Mei Ayazuki -Meiji Tokyo Renka

Comment

Originally posted by Levo View Post
                    Sadly the creator of Lupin III died recently.
                    Yes, it's absolutely devastating. I've mostly seen the Lupin III films and TV specials, but I loved The Woman Called Fujiko Mine TV series.

Comment

First off Rest In Peace Monkey Punch, I always preferred your adult version of Lupin the 3rd over Miyazakiís family friendly version. Itís always sad to see a legend die but your memory will never be forgotten.

Comment

In something more lighthearted, I recently watched the Crusher Joe preview from Animeigo and noticed how every spaceship was hand drawn. I honestly miss that, everything (sometimes including characters) nowadays is CGI. Hand drawn artwork feels more personal that someone put in a lot of love and effort to create art. I am aware of the hardships faced by animators in the industry so I know why CGI is used, but I miss entirely 2D hand drawn animation.

Comment

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...b-cast/.145876

Excellent, Johnny Yong Bosch returns as Lelouch once again.

Originally posted by TsukuyomiMagi99 View Post
                          In something more lighthearted, I recently watched the Crusher Joe preview from Animeigo and noticed how every spaceship was hand drawn. I honestly miss that, everything (sometimes including characters) nowadays is CGI. Hand drawn artwork feels more personal that someone put in a lot of love and effort to create art. I am aware of the hardships faced by animators in the industry so I know why CGI is used, but I miss entirely 2D hand drawn animation.
                          You and I have something in common.

Comment

Sadly after Monkey Punch died another manga icon died. Kazuo Koike who created Lone Wolf & Cub, Crying Freeman & Lady Snowblood. Some of which were turned into live-action movies. The Lone Wolf & Cub movie series is fantastic.
                            Avatar: Mei Ayazuki -Meiji Tokyo Renka

Comment

Originally posted by Levo View Post
                              Sadly after Monkey Punch died another manga icon died. Kazuo Koike who created Lone Wolf & Cub, Crying Freeman & Lady Snowblood. Some of which were turned into live-action movies. The Lone Wolf & Cub movie series is fantastic.
                              Sad day for anime/manga fans indeed. And Koike just commented on Monkey Punch's passing too.
                              In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Oh S**T. This is actually happening:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...d-toye/.145898

I figured he'd probably would sue for something...I mean, he ain't getting a million bucks but....damn. This scandal ain't going away anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X