Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Anime Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by old hat View Post

    In response to YOUR opinion.

    Who said you don't? No one. No one said anything even vaguely like that. Portraying disagreement as saying that you don't have the right to "express your frustration" is rather overdramatic.
    Actually you are, by claiming it's overdramatic and setting a low bar for EVERYONE to follow. Just like you said, you like the animation as average and poor as the trailer was. And it's ok if you're a conformist. But a lot of us aren't and we're expecting some A+ animation wich is what set the series on the map for a lot of people. MadHouse animation was a staple in quality back in the days and to see that the same quality was severely degrated by switching studios is something that the people will feel the right to express their claims. It's totally justified, not overdramatic at all based on the original work. And just to be clear, I like J.C. Staff's works, but they work better on series that require less attention to detail in action series, they do quite well in SOL & comedy among others.

    Comment


      Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post

      It looked all right to me? *shrugs* I mean, I've seen worse animation....

      I need to rewatch season one 'cause I forgot who half these people are other than Saitama and Genos lol. ETA: And the one whom Saitama punched in the balls
      If it was some new IP, or a series no one heard of and had no previous animation history, then yes, the animation is functional and average. But it's not the case in here. People were expecting great animation, not just average.

      Look at it from a different perspective and expectation. Everyone was excited about the new announcement of Pontiac with a new GTO in 2004. The car had just the name of a legendary muscle car that was so beloved and looked for in used markets by enthusiasts. But the 2004 GTO was an underpower version with just an average look. Sure you can claim that there are worse cars and that the 2004 GTO is ok, but that's not what the main market was expecting, and it became one of the most noticeable flops in the car industry.

      Comment


        Reuben Langdon, the voice of Dante in the Devil May Cry game series, stands with Vic.

        https://www.newsweek.com/dmc-5-devil...ckface-1366791

        Comment


          Originally posted by kimurah View Post

          Actually you are, by claiming it's overdramatic and setting a low bar for EVERYONE to follow.
          No. I'm stating my opinion that people are being overdramatic. I'm not setting a low bar, or anything, for everyone to follow. I have no way to even do anything like that.

          Originally posted by kimurah View Post
          If it was some new IP, or a series no one heard of and had no previous animation history, then yes, the animation is functional and average. But it's not the case in here. People were expecting great animation, not just average.
          People were expecting? What people? You? If you are talking about yourself, you should say I not people.

          Originally posted by kimurah View Post
          Look at it from a different perspective and expectation. Everyone was excited about the new announcement of Pontiac with a new GTO in 2004. The car had just the name of a legendary muscle car that was so beloved and looked for in used markets by enthusiasts. But the 2004 GTO was an underpower version with just an average look. Sure you can claim that there are worse cars and that the 2004 GTO is ok, but that's not what the main market was expecting, and it became one of the most noticeable flops in the car industry.
          I don't think that is at all comparable. For one thing, a new car is a very expensive item and, for the great majority of people, something that has to be financed. The GTO started at around $32K or around $43K in adjusted dollars. That's more than my Challenger R/T plus cost. That is hardly comparable to an anime that you can watch online for nothing.

          Also, the GTO was actually quite well received when it came out even if it wasn't what some people were expecting.
          https://www.motortrend.com/cars/pont...4-pontiac-gto/
          So the 2004 GTO isn't the rip-snorting, retro-themed muscle machine many die-hards may have been waiting for. We're not disappointed. What GM has delivered instead is a superbly crafted, tastefully styled, tautly muscled grand-touring car that stimulates your brain, not your kidneys. That such a suave machine wears the Pontiac badge may be the biggest--and the most pleasant--surprise of all.
          Last edited by old hat; March 22nd, 2019, 06:33 PM.
          Avatar - Lotte the Succubus. Vampires need blood to survive. Succubi need another fluid from men.
          "The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive." -Thomas Sowell

          Comment


            I wonder if Netflix dabbling in the anime industry will do more harm than good.

            Comment


              Originally posted by TsukuyomiMagi99 View Post
              I wonder if Netflix dabbling in the anime industry will do more harm than good.
              Only for physical media collectors. I love Netflix. Speaking of which, High Score Girl OVA was just released on Netflix and Evangelion has a date(June 20th). Evangelion's new dub is getting completely recast. I've already seen the show many times subbed and can't stand the ADV dub so a new dub really interests me.

              Comment


                Originally posted by TsukuyomiMagi99 View Post
                I wonder if Netflix dabbling in the anime industry will do more harm than good.
                I'm not clear on how the influx of money and additional distribution channel can do harm. Maybe some mediocre shows will get funded by Netflix but mediocre shows have always been around and will be whether Netflix is involved or not. What sort of harm do you envision coming from this?
                Avatar - Lotte the Succubus. Vampires need blood to survive. Succubi need another fluid from men.
                "The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive." -Thomas Sowell

                Comment


                  Cells at Work is getting another season according to ANN
                  Current Avatar: Ainz ooal Gown from Isekai Quartet

                  https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ohayotaku

                  Comment


                    Two good news:

                    Re: Zero gets a second season.

                    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...season/.144910

                    Vic Mignogna is invited back to Kameha Con.

                    https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...at-kameha-con/

                    Comment


                      ^I think the Vic news being 'good' is subjective, but the Re:Zero stuff is my jam!
                      New anime now watching: Attack On Titan 3, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable, Restaurant To Another World.
                      Avatar: Kusuo Saiki(The Disasterous Life Of Saiki K.).
                      "I am the world's unhappiest man who has had everything snatched away since the moment of my birth." Kusuo Saiki, The Disasterous Life Of Saiki K.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by autsiticanime View Post
                        ^I think the Vic news being 'good' is subjective, but the Re:Zero stuff is my jam!
                        I just hope he's more mindful of his fan's personal space during Kameha Con.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by TsukuyomiMagi99 View Post
                          I wonder if Netflix dabbling in the anime industry will do more harm than good.
                          Well for me it is...only because like Levo mentioned I am a Physical Media Collector. I only got to watch Violet Evergarden because my brother-in-law has Netfix and wanted he wanted to watch it. I am still hopping for someone to pick up the home video rights...which is odd that no one has as it was popular and very good.
                          "We won't know if we can do it unless we try!" - Haruki Bando

                          "I enjoy trying new things. I want to challenge myself to do something no one else has done!" - Wataru Mizoguchi

                          Avatar - Haruki Bando and Kazuma Hashimoto from Cheer Boys!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by autsiticanime View Post
                            ^I think the Vic news being 'good' is subjective, but the Re:Zero stuff is my jam!
                            Still acting like he is guilty despite the lack of any evidence that he did the things he was accused of and all the fakery and lying we have seen from the people who are accusing him?

                            Originally posted by SwatKat90 View Post

                            I just hope he's more mindful of his fan's personal space during Kameha Con.
                            If he's smart, he will go to a strict no contact policy and be holding his hands up in frame in every photo just to protect himself from vindictive, false allegations.
                            Avatar - Lotte the Succubus. Vampires need blood to survive. Succubi need another fluid from men.
                            "The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive." -Thomas Sowell

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by old hat View Post

                              I'm not clear on how the influx of money and additional distribution channel can do harm. Maybe some mediocre shows will get funded by Netflix but mediocre shows have always been around and will be whether Netflix is involved or not. What sort of harm do you envision coming from this?
                              Netflix is a big fish in a small pond with enough capital to outbid any of its competitors when it comes to streaming. Since streaming anime seems to be big business right now I seriously doubt that smaller companies like Funimation or Sentai are interested in only physical media rights to anime. For someone who prefers to physically own their anime this is bad for me because I don’t want to spend more money on another streaming service just to view a few exclusive shows legally. At least with Disney they only acquire the Miyazaki films but what happens if more larger companies get in on anime streaming hiding exclusive shows behind a paywall? There may come a time where I’d be spending more on streaming services in a month then owning a physical copy. For example, I would love to own Devilman Crybaby, Evangelion, and Little Witch Academia on Blu-ray which would’ve happened by now if they were released by Funimation or Sentai. Now I have to wait behind a paywall till Netflix decides to release these shows on Blu-ray if they decide to release them at all.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by SwatKat90 View Post
                                Two good news:

                                Re: Zero gets a second season.

                                https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...season/.144910

                                Vic Mignogna is invited back to Kameha Con.

                                https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...at-kameha-con/

                                1. I think that was probably going to happen regardless

                                2. Okay *shrugs* Yay for his fans.
                                Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
                                In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X