No announcement yet.

Daily Anime Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are the "Netflix original anime" on blu-ray. You just never when or by who.
    Kuromukuro (Ponycan)
    Knights of Sidonia (Sentai)
    Ajin: Demi-Human (Sentai)
    Fate/Apocrypha (AniPlex)
    The Seven Deadly Sins (FUNimation)
    And if it counts Castlevania (Viz)

Comment

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...t-song/.144713

Am I the only one who thought the footage shown didn't look so bad? Most people are all "OH NOES, ITS RUINED!"
      New anime now watching: Attack On Titan 3, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable, Restaurant To Another World.
      Avatar: Kusuo Saiki(The Disasterous Life Of Saiki K.).
      "I am the world's unhappiest man who has had everything snatched away since the moment of my birth." Kusuo Saiki, The Disasterous Life Of Saiki K.

Comment

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs....php?t=3093664

The new Orphen anime looks to be a prequel. As disappointing as I won't be seeing Majic and Cleo (or at least not a lot of them), I am definitely intrigued to see more of Orphen's past.
        Last edited by autsiticanime; March 20th, 2019, 01:21 AM.
        New anime now watching: Attack On Titan 3, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable, Restaurant To Another World.
        Avatar: Kusuo Saiki(The Disasterous Life Of Saiki K.).
        "I am the world's unhappiest man who has had everything snatched away since the moment of my birth." Kusuo Saiki, The Disasterous Life Of Saiki K.

Comment

Originally posted by autsiticanime View Post

Am I the only one who thought the footage shown didn't look so bad? Most people are all "OH NOES, ITS RUINED!"

That sucks so damn hard that this on Hulu only.

Otherwise, can't wait.
          Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
          In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Originally posted by autsiticanime View Post

People are really overdramatic about that sort of thing.
            Avatar - Lotte the Succubus. Vampires need blood to survive. Succubi need another fluid from men.
            "The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive." -Thomas Sowell

Comment

Originally posted by old hat View Post

People are really overdramatic about that sort of thing.
              But lets be honest here. One Punch Man is famous for it's great animation over all. And something so average animated by JC Staff, does justify a callback from the fandom. I can think of a quite recent sequel that was completely ruined because of cheaper animation (along with crappier writing too) Wake Up Girls wich was iconic for it's choreographies among the Idol fandom and with Wake-Up W the dancing sequences just ceased to exist, along with a very derpy and cheap looking artstyle.

If we were talking about videogame sequels with worse graphics and dumber gameplay, everyone and their grandma would be in the right to complain about it (like Dragon Age & Dragon Age II)

Comment

Originally posted by kimurah View Post

But lets be honest here. One Punch Man is famous for it's great animation over all. And something so average animated by JC Staff, does justify a callback from the fandom.
                It doesn't justify the overdramatic "ruined forever" stuff I have seen from fandoms a million times.
                Avatar - Lotte the Succubus. Vampires need blood to survive. Succubi need another fluid from men.
                "The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive." -Thomas Sowell

Comment

It doesn't justify the overdramatic "ruined forever" stuff I have seen from fandoms a million times.
                  I think it's quite justified. I actually haven't finished OPM, but I didn't see it's brilliance in it's writing as a lot of people claimed and the only thing that kept me watching at least 5 episodes was it's amazing animation. With the great animation taken off the table, it's quite justified to feel that it was ruined.

The airing begins within less than 2 weeks, so we'll see if this outrage was justified or not.

Comment

I think it's quite justified.
                    I don't.

I actually haven't finished OPM, but I didn't see it's brilliance in it's writing as a lot of people claimed and the only thing that kept me watching at least 5 episodes was it's amazing animation. With the great animation taken off the table, it's quite justified to feel that it was ruined.
                    For me, it was all about the gag of Saitama being so strong that nothing is a real challenge so he's bored. As long as that schtick is intact and the animation quality is at least passable enough to not be distracting, I don't think it's ruined or even significantly changed. I think saying, "ruined forever" is overdramatic like it has been every other time I have seen people say this and I have seen people say this many times.

I was going to post the ruined forever page from TV Tropes for examples but it was taken down because it was of full of flame-bait and nonsense.

Comment

Surprised to see that Netflix just added the OVA episodes (13 - 15) for Hi Score Girl.

Also a 2nd season has been announced premiering in October for Japan
                      https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ctober/.144800
                      Of course if Netflix follows the usual pattern it won't be available here until 2020
                      Current Avatar: Ainz ooal Gown from Isekai Quartet

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ohayotaku

Comment

I don't.

For me...
                        This sums up YOUR opinion.

Others like me liked it for the points I mentioned earlier and we have the right to express our frustration.

Comment

But lets be honest here. One Punch Man is famous for it's great animation over all. And something so average animated by JC Staff, does justify a callback from the fandom. I can think of a quite recent sequel that was completely ruined because of cheaper animation (along with crappier writing too) Wake Up Girls wich was iconic for it's choreographies among the Idol fandom and with Wake-Up W the dancing sequences just ceased to exist, along with a very derpy and cheap looking artstyle.

If we were talking about videogame sequels with worse graphics and dumber gameplay, everyone and their grandma would be in the right to complain about it (like Dragon Age & Dragon Age II)
                          It looked all right to me? *shrugs* I mean, I've seen worse animation....

I need to rewatch season one 'cause I forgot who half these people are other than Saitama and Genos lol. ETA: And the one whom Saitama punched in the balls
                          Last edited by goddessofanime; March 21st, 2019, 10:56 AM.
                          In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

I wouldnít say it looked bad, but I wasnít particukarly impressed either. I donít intend to sign up for Hulu just so I can watch it. If it shows up on Toonami later, Iíll prbably watch it.
                            Current Avatar: Ainz ooal Gown from Isekai Quartet

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ohayotaku

Comment

Imma gonna be pirating spring because I"m not paying Hulu or Funi just to watch one damn show.

Comment

This sums up YOUR opinion.

Others like me liked it for the points I mentioned earlier and we have the right to express our frustration.
                                In response to YOUR opinion.

Who said you don't? No one. No one said anything even vaguely like that. Portraying disagreement as saying that you don't have the right to "express your frustration" is rather overdramatic.

Comment

Working...
                                X