Daily Anime Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post

Wasn't Anime Matsuri the one where the guy who ran that got in trouble or something?

So apparently there was a video that appeared recently where Vic Montana had a beard. And he's still Rohan in Jojo so that's cool for fans of that show and character I guess
    Amanda Winn Lee(Yukiko in Persona 4 and Rei Ayanami in Evangelion) is also involved in this, telling the IStandwithVic movement to go ******* themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by SwatKat90 View Post

Amanda Winn Lee(Yukiko in Persona 4 and Rei Ayanami in Evangelion) is also involved in this, telling the IStandwithVic movement to go ******* themselves.
      You know what? Hell, let the Vic Stans and AntiVic Stans have at each other at this point

Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
      In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

You know what? Hell, let the Vic Stans and AntiVic Stans have at each other at this point
        This is a dark time for dub fans such as myself. I don't want any more dub VAs to be in the same hole that Vic is in.

Comment

Originally posted by SwatKat90 View Post

This is a dark time for dub fans such as myself. I don't want any more dub VAs to be in the same hole that Vic is in.
          Me either to be honest. I listen to subs but I do like certain dubs. And I don't wanna see people who I generally like get involved in this mess. It's rough enough seeing Monica Rial getting it all over.

Either way, I'm not going to abandon Funimation and crap all over the people who actually work in Japan animating and creating just because the fanboys are pissed off about Vic.
          In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Either way, I'm not going to abandon Funimation and crap all over the people who actually work in Japan animating and creating just because the fanboys are pissed off about Vic.
            People just need to calm down and take a step back from this. Does it suck that FUNi let Vic go? Yes. However, is that FUNi's choice? Yes. Does FUNi need proof to let go of an employee over this 'scandle'? No. So, FUNi did not do anything wrong. FUNi is a business and they made a decision that they thought was best for their company. As far as Vic goes it's his choice to take legal action to clear his name and such.

Anyone who is an anime fan knows there is only a couple of anime companies in the US and FUNi is the largest. If they stop supporting FUNi say goodbye to a lot of series being licensed over here and for people like me who prefer dubs and home video release...yeah, that will suck even more.

"We won't know if we can do it unless we try!" - Haruki Bando

"I enjoy trying new things. I want to challenge myself to do something no one else has done!" - Wataru Mizoguchi

Avatar - Haruki Bando and Kazuma Hashimoto from Cheer Boys!

Comment

Originally posted by Sora N View Post

People just need to calm down and take a step back from this. Does it suck that FUNi let Vic go? Yes. However, is that FUNi's choice? Yes. Does FUNi need proof to let go of an employee over this 'scandle'? No. So, FUNi did not do anything wrong. FUNi is a business and they made a decision that they thought was best for their company. As far as Vic goes it's his choice to take legal action to clear his name and such.

Anyone who is an anime fan knows there is only a couple of anime companies in the US and FUNi is the largest. If they stop supporting FUNi say goodbye to a lot of series being licensed over here and for people like me who prefer dubs and home video release...yeah, that will suck even more.

Exactly, though I hate Funi's streaming site with a passion. IT SUCKS SO DAMNED BAD...Funi u got Sony money now: FIX IT.

Comment

Exactly, though I hate Funi's streaming site with a passion. IT SUCKS SO DAMNED BAD...Funi u got Sony money now: FIX IT.
                I don't have their streaming services. Is it just really slow or does it error out?

"I enjoy trying new things. I want to challenge myself to do something no one else has done!" - Wataru Mizoguchi

Comment

Originally posted by Sora N View Post

I don't have their streaming services. Is it just really slow or does it error out?
                  To me it crashes a lot.

It sucks because I REALLY want to see Fruits Basket so bad next month

Comment

I haven't used Funi all that much. Primarily Starblazers (Yamato) 2202 and the occasional older series no longer on CR. I usually don't have problems with it & it seems to improved somewhat.
                    Current Avatar: Ainz ooal Gown from Isekai Quartet

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ohayotaku

Comment

With Netflix getting ahold of the Evangelion license do you think we’ll finally get the series on blu-ray?

Comment

I don't have any issues with FUNi's streaming, although I used it when I had a slow connection.

Originally posted by TsukuyomiMagi99 View Post
                        With Netflix getting ahold of the Evangelion license do you think we’ll finally get the series on blu-ray?
                        I'm sure it will happen but it will be a long time. Devilman Crybaby was released over a year ago and it still hasn't been released on blu-ray(in Japan it has). Honestly I wouldn't expect Evangelion blu-ray this year, maybe in 2020 is my guess.

Comment

To me it crashes a lot.

It sucks because I REALLY want to see Fruits Basket so bad next month
                          Do tell. I've never had any trouble with the service.
                          Kirk: “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
                          Spock: “None that I am conscious of, except, of course, happy birthday. Certainly, the best of times."
                          ---from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
                          Anime watched in 2019: 280 episodes (65 shows: 42 watching, 21 completed, 2 dropped)

Comment

Originally posted by TsukuyomiMagi99 View Post
                            Well I am still waiting for Violet Evergarden to be released on Blu-Ray...I don't see that happening anytime soon,

Comment

Originally posted by Levo View Post
                              I don't have any issues with FUNi's streaming, although I used it when I had a slow connection.

I'm sure it will happen but it will be a long time. Devilman Crybaby was released over a year ago and it still hasn't been released on blu-ray(in Japan it has). Honestly I wouldn't expect Evangelion blu-ray this year, maybe in 2020 is my guess.
                              I don't think it's coming out on bR. I mean, Violet Evergarden, the first season of Kakeguri....they've been going for awhile and no BR/DVD yet. Restuko doesn't have anything .

Only Netflix series I've seen out is Seven Deadly Sins.

Comment

Knights of Sidonia is available on BD as well.
                                Avatar - Lotte the Succubus. Vampires need blood to survive. Succubi need another fluid from men.
                                "The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive." -Thomas Sowell

Comment

Working...
                                X