Daily Anime Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by autsiticanime View Post
    ^And how would you explain Monica Rial and Jamie Marchi's accusations? I just cannot buy two professional voice actors making up stories to get a man fired.
    I can buy people making up stories since its something people do especially after they get backlash, now I'm not saying that is the case here but its always a possibility. After all these are allegations(a claim without proof). For me my position is "I don't know".
    Avatar: Mei Ayazuki -Meiji Tokyo Renka

Comment

^And how would you explain Monica Rial and Jamie Marchi's accusations? I just cannot buy two professional voice actors making up stories to get a man fired.
      They all work for the same people that fired Vic, they have a vested interest in doing as they're told unless they want to be next on the chopping block. We all know what happens to those who stand against the hashtag mafia and it's even worse when they're your employers. Also, Jamie is a massive SJW who attacked gamergaters in her Prison School dub for no reason and then pushed her socio-political propaganda in other series as well (Literally including lines about the patriarchy and insulting fans in dubs like Girlfriend is a Gal) so I wouldn't be surprised at all to find her jumping on this.

For the better part of a year, anime has quietly been under attack, now that all the super corporations are done taking control of anime businesses and that the media is done being brought in line with their agenda, all of a sudden we have that list circulating around to bar people from conventions just at the same time as Vic gets attacked (Why now and not anytime before? Why right after that Dragon Ball movie that was super successful?) and we're all suppose to buy this is coincidence? This is happening at the same time that these parasites are attacking series like SAO and Goblin Slayer and pushing for censorship, not to mention ANN's attack on Shield Hero and their subsequent mass censoring of their forums and their attack on anyone who criticised them... and we're not even talking about ANN's new forum rules that essentially ban anyone questioning their scenarios. Something's happening here and it ain't a few people being angry at a voice actor. We saw the level of lies and corruption these people are capable of during gamergate, we saw how far they will go during #metoo and we have been given plenty of evidence that the media in general are nothing but liars and establishment propaganda shills so why are we trusting them now over an article that was already proven to contain fabrications and tabloid-style unethical journalism?
      "Not conspiracies, conspiracy! Singular. Reaching back to ancient Egypt there's been a single cabal of powerful individuals directing the course of human history. But the common man prefers to believe they don't exist, which aids their success."

New anime website: Sakura Anime News

Comment

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...s-baby/.143275

Huh, something POSITIVE out of the dub community, how about that.
        Current Avatar: Ainz ooal Gown from Isekai Quartet

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ohayotaku

Comment

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

speaking of cute...https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...season/.143234
          Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
          In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohiotaku View Post
            https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...s-baby/.143275

Huh, something POSITIVE out of the dub community, how about that.
            Congratulations, Brina.

Comment

Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post
              AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

speaking of cute...https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...season/.143234

Yeah, I posted about that earlier and it got buried
              Originally posted by Ohiotaku View Post
              https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...season/.143234
              So more Lucoa upcoming (or Kanna, if that'ís your thing )
              Current Avatar: Ainz ooal Gown from Isekai Quartet

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ohayotaku

Comment

Welp: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ctions/.143291
                In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

That means he'll never be Broly again.

Comment

Same goes for Rin in Free. And Sabo.
                    New anime now watching: Golden Kamuy, The Promised Neverland.
                    Avatar: Kusuo Saiki(The Disasterous Life Of Saiki K.).
                    "I am the world's unhappiest man who has had everything snatched away since the moment of my birth." Kusuo Saiki, The Disasterous Life Of Saiki K.

Comment

Sorry, but there are some serious red flags with Rial's accusation. The main one is that it is conspicuously lacking in any specifics. There is nothing specific that could be checked and either verified or falsified. She mentions others but, again, gives no specifics so that can't be checked either. Professional voice actors can have vendettas and personal dislikes just like anyone else. People have been deriding and condemning him for years simply because he is Christian and open about it. He probably leans a bit to the right on some social issues too. These days that's enough for some people. I have seen similar things happen elsewhere with a comic artist (Ethan Van Sciver) being made a pariah and called a nazi and a racist simply because he was a Trump voter and said so publicly. This is where we are now.
                      "The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive." -Thomas Sowell

Comment

How can you prove she has a grudge with him (outside of the alleged incident)? She might not be ready to say the whole story. At least give her a chance to say her story.
                        "I am the world's unhappiest man who has had everything snatched away since the moment of my birth." Kusuo Saiki, The Disasterous Life Of Saiki K.

Comment

How can you prove she has a grudge with him (outside of the alleged incident)? She might not be ready to say the whole story. At least give her a chance to say her story.
                          You asked why someone might do this. I gave you a plausible reason. She has had a chance to say her story. So far, she hasn't. She has chosen to stay vague. That means that what she says can't be checked. That means I am skeptical of it. As long as it is a vague accusation with no corroboration or supporting evidence and no specifics that can be checked, I will remain skeptical of it. What I don't understand is why you are so credulous despite the complete lack of detail or corroboration. You don't think these are red flags? Even after years of dubious, unproven or outright false accusations? Even with the fakery we have already seen with accusations against him from others?

I don't have to prove anything. She is the one making the accusation. The burden of proof is on her, not me. So far, she has done nothing to convince me and everything to make me skeptical. I have seen to many false accusations and there are too many red flags in her story for me to just believe it even if you are a fan of her work.
                          "The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive." -Thomas Sowell

Comment

Originally posted by old hat View Post

Sorry, but there are some serious red flags with Rial's accusation. The main one is that it is conspicuously lacking in any specifics. There is nothing specific that could be checked and either verified or falsified. She mentions others but, again, gives no specifics so that can't be checked either. Professional voice actors can have vendettas and personal dislikes just like anyone else. People have been deriding and condemning him for years simply because he is Christian and open about it. He probably leans a bit to the right on some social issues too. These days that's enough for some people. I have seen similar things happen elsewhere with a comic artist (Ethan Van Sciver) being made a pariah and called a nazi and a racist simply because he was a Trump voter and said so publicly. This is where we are now.
                            Maybe if this was recent I could see what you mean, but he's been displaying inappropriate behavior for over fifteen years apparently.

I don't think it's just because he's openly Christian.

Comment

Maybe if this was recently, but he's been displaying inappropriate behavior for over fifteen years apparently. I don't think it's because he's openly Christian.
                              I haven't seen any proof that he has been anything worse than maybe a little too huggy every once in a while. There's a lot of hearsay and gossip but not much in the way of proof of actually inappropriate behavior, As for being Christian, one of the things that he did that was so terribly inappropriate and bad was openly praying at one of his panels and calling for other Christians to pray with him. Isn't that awful? People lost their damn minds over it. I can't say how much of this is dislike of him for being too Christian but I do know that some people resent him a great deal because of it and that people like that are more than willing to lie to take down people they resent. We have all seen it happen.

Comment

Trust me, I don't want to see a prolific career ending in the worst way possible. I'm not even 100% convinced of all the allegations and the likelihood of a lie against him sickens me just as much as the truth.

But to say everyone is lying is just as wrong. Until proven otherwise, I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Working...
                                X