Daily Anime Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nutmeg View Post
    We got a subscription to Funimation.... I'm disappointed that it's mostly English Dubs... And the Japanese ones are mostly on CR..... probably not going to renew. Unless something changes my mind.
    Yeah, that's why I've never bothered getting a Funimation subscription, especially after the partnership with Crunchyroll happened. I tend to only watch dubs for rewatches of shows I really enjoy (if one was made). Of course, if I enjoy a show that much the first time around, I'll have most likely bought the home video release (which will have the dub), making a subscription there pointless.

I am trying out VRV, which gives premium access to the Crunchyroll app and Funimation's stuff (via the VRV app). It's working out well so far. I can watch most of the Funimation titles I'm interested in on Crunchyroll and the few that haven't transferred over the sub versions (yet), I can get on the VRV app. There are a handful of Funi shows that aren't available on either, like Tokyo Ghoul, but I did find them on hulu, which I also have a subscription to, so I'm covered there.
    Upcoming Anime DVD/BD Releases: 2018
    My Website ~ DVDProfiler ~ FilmAF

Comment

Good to know tigeress02. I've been thinking about getting hulu since it's anime and TV shows. I'll have to look into it.

Keep me posted on VRV.
      Never Underestimate This Madwoman's Eternal Goober-ness
      Taleen and Nutmeg: We are the Talmeg. 2017 Best AN couple
      AN's Alpha Female

Avatar: Shinoa from Seraph of the End

Comment

About the only Funi series I prefer the dub for are Yamato 2199 & Overlord., plus there were a couple of other series not available on CR at the time I signed up. But I think they've been added since, so I probably won't stay with them much longer. I did have Hulu but wound up canceling it. If HiDive ever gets a Roku app I'll probably give it a try. Right now I'm on CR, Netflix & use a free app called Tubi.tv for some anime not available on the others (it's a free app, but have to put up with ads).
        Current avatar: Ichigo from Darling in the Franxx

"The heart wants what it wants, or else it does not care." -- Emily Dickinson

Comment

Speaking of hulu, my Roku Stick finally updated the app to the new UI. Yuck. I'll stick with it because I watch a bunch of regular TV with it, but trying to find anything is a big PITA.

As far as HIDIVE goes, I was planning to sub once they got a Roku app too, but went ahead and did it now to take advantage of the cheaper price. They just released a Fire TV app, so hopefully a Roku app isn't too far behind.
          Upcoming Anime DVD/BD Releases: 2018
          My Website ~ DVDProfiler ~ FilmAF

Comment

We got a subscription to Funimation.... I'm disappointed that it's mostly English Dubs... And the Japanese ones are mostly on CR..... probably not going to renew. Unless something changes my mind.
            I joined Funimation FOR the dubbed shows. I see that as a nice change of pace from Crunchyroll which is ALL subbed shows. As for Hulu, I only watch a few shows there:

Cross Ange: Rondo of Angels and Dragons
            Death Note
            Lagrange: The Flower of Rin-ne
            Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
            "Aren’t you a little short for a Stormtrooper?"
            ---Princess Leia Organa, Star Wars, Episode IV: A New Hope
            Anime watched in 2018: 148 episodes (64 shows: 49 watching, 15 completed, 0 dropped)

Comment

I don't pay for streaming services when I am just going to buy the home release for them, but I wish Crunchyroll had more dubs. They might have a handful of series that has dubs and all the rest are sub-only. I am a dubbed fan and I will always choose the dub over sub if available (I know that some series just never get a home release, so for those I watch streaming.)

I guess it all depends if your a sub-only fan.
              Always smile; even if it's a bad day.

Comment

Its kinda like Crunchyroll and Funimation work together where one does the broadcast subs and the other does broadcast dubs. Both have their fan bases. Most of Funimation's releases outside broadcast dubs are dual audio however so really most of their releases are not dub only, usually just the broadcast releases.

Comment

I've probably mentioned this before, but when I first began watching anime, I was all about dubbing. But after I became a Crunchyroll subscriber several years ago, I quickly came to appreciate subbed shows, and today, I enjoy both equally, never favoring one over the other.
                  Anime watched in 2018: 148 episodes (64 shows: 49 watching, 15 completed, 0 dropped)

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhillyFlash View Post
                    I've probably mentioned this before, but when I first began watching anime, I was all about dubbing. But after I became a Crunchyroll subscriber several years ago, I quickly came to appreciate subbed shows, and today, I enjoy both equally, never favoring one over the other.
                    I used to be a sub only fan. I hated dubs as they used to really cut a lot of the story and change things around badly (names, places, jokes etc) now days I really love dubs. I started to enjoy dubs back in the early 2000 when they improved 100%.
                    Always smile; even if it's a bad day.

Comment

I can see the merits of dubs.
                      Currently playing: Ratchet and Clank HD for PS3.

Comment

Anime News Network Announced that Original director of Gundam 00 is working on a new project. A Sequel.

The "Gundam 00 Festival 10 Re:vision" event in Tokyo on Saturday announced that the Mobile Suit Gundam 00 anime is getting a new project. Seiji Mizushima, the director of the previous Gundam 00 anime, reported that he is working on it, and the main Ikebukuro branch of the Animate store chain reported that it will be a sequel. The event did not specify t
                        "Mission, Complete"

Rightstuf Refugee

Comment

I started the second season of Dagashi Kashi last night. Hotaru, Coconuts and the gang are just as funny as ever, however, I was mildly disappointed that the episodes are only 12 minutes long.

Comment

I started the second season of Dagashi Kashi last night. Hotaru, Coconuts and the gang are just as funny as ever, however, I was mildly disappointed that the episodes are only 12 minutes long.
                            But it's a lot better than S1 one with full time episodes and a hell lot of padding in every episode.

Comment

Maybe if season one was short like that I'd would've enjoyed it more and not get annoyed by Hotaru.
                              Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
                              In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post

Maybe if season one was short like that I'd would've enjoyed it more and not get annoyed by Hotaru.
                                Well I got good news for you on Dagashi Kashi s2

Comment

Working...
                                X