Daily Anime Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superplough View Post
    I watched the first episode of the LWA dub with a friend who always likes English versions of things, and while it wasn't bad, I definitely would rather watch it in Japanese. I agree with Ohiotaku's comment I believe they have more emotion and energy in their performances.
    For myself, I was introduced to Anime "Dubbed" and that's the only way I've ever watched it.
    When I have tired to watch it subbed (I've since given up on ever trying it again) I did give it a good try...
    I find that I lose all of the meaning behind the words, and I'm so busy reading that I miss all the action to boot.

However!
    My hat is off to all of you who can watch it that way

Comment

Originally posted by Ohiotaku View Post
      I re-watched a couple of episodes already available just to see what the dub was like. It wasn't bad or anything, but unless a dub is exceptional or they really do something different with it, I prefer my anime in the original language with subtitles. It's a generalization but I usually think the japanese voice actors put more emotion and energy into their performances. I realize that many of LWA's characters are supposed to be english or european, but the performance means more to me than the accent. As far as the wait goes, I don't mind really. There are a ton of other series I want to check out since I just signed up with Crunchy Roll and LWA paused in a good place.
      Tch! Go watch the dubs of Code Geass and Cowboy Bebop. Those dubs are gold.

Comment

Originally posted by kimurah View Post
        I'm pretty sure superplough will be thrilled with Umaru's second season coming on october

Just what I always wanted...

Comment

I couldn't get into that show at all. It looks like something I would like but it just bored me. I think I was supposed to find the female lead funny but I didn't.

Comment

The female lead is the worst character... the only reason to watch it is if you like the side characters. Which I guess I did because I ended up finishing it.

Comment

She takes a ton of space in the story and a ton of screen time and she's just a terrible person and a tedious, unfunny character. The entire premise is about what a terrible, selfish, lazy, manipulative person she is behind her public facade so it seemed unlikely that she would ever really get any better.

I figured out what I don't like about Toradora. Oddly enough, It's Aisaka. I usually like that sort of character but I don't like her. I think her extreme awkwardness is supposed to make her endearing but it doesn't. It just makes her look like a chronic screwup who screws up all the time and then takes it out on everyone else around her. She's also petty and selfish beyond belief. I'm sure they fill the viewer on why she is like that at some point but I don't care. They take it too far with her. Her selfish, entitled behavior is just too much and this is coming from a fan of the tsundere type.

Comment

For those of you who are Gundam Seed fans, it was just announced that both seasons will be getting a new dub via NYAV Post using the HD remaster footage.
                Upcoming Anime DVD/BD Releases: 2017
                My Website ~ DVDProfiler ~ FilmAF

Comment

Originally posted by tigeress02 View Post
                  For those of you who are Gundam Seed fans, it was just announced that both seasons will be getting a new dub via NYAV Post using the HD footage.
                  That is surprising but I'm glad because the SEED dub by Ocean is very rough so I usually watch the show subbed. I love NYAV Post dubs, especially from recent Gundam so I look forward to it.

Comment

Surprising, but I guess if Sunrise was going to put the HD material on home video, they were either going to have to do sub-only or redub. I guess they have faith that the fans will still be around for it.

Some of the cast was also announced at the panel. Said they tried to get the old cast back, but couldn't get everyone.

Kira Yamato - Max Mittelman
                    Athrun Zala - Chris Hackney
                    Lacus Clyne - Stephanie Sheh
                    Cagalli - Cherami Leigh
                    Flay - Erica Mendez
                    Miriallia - Cassandra Morris
                    Tolle - Colin DePaula
                    Kuzzey - Eddy Lee
                    Yzak: Damian Mills
                    Dearka: Johnny Yong Bosch
                    NIcol: Casey Mongillo

Comment

Yeah I remember hearing that the HD remaster besides re-doing animation for many battles they also re-did a lot of mouth animations so really they need to re-dub. I'm happy they couldn't get the Ocean cast back. That new cast looks amazing. Chris Hackney is a newer actor but he was really great in K as Yukari Mishakuji, seems like a good fit for Athrun.

Comment

Wow, didn't see this coming. VIZ has licensed both seasons of Mr. Osomatsu. Season 2 airs fall season and VIZ plans to simulcast it. Season 1 was simulcast by Crunchyroll.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the remaster but I hope they'll also put out the original on physical media. Even if not remastered, I'd be nice to have the original series with the original dub on BD. Especially since the remaster and original have enough differences to be considered different takes on the series more than the same series.

Just thought of something, if they release the original series, and the remaster, and the movies... My wallet is going to hurt in 2018
                          "We have all been propagandised since birth to believe that Big Brother is watching out for us. We are to believe that our only purpose is to serve the state. You are to watch your TV, pay your taxes, listen to the news, go to work, hand in your guns, love your government and all the while repeating to yourself over and over again: I am free! and they truly expect you to believe it."

Article about why Anime Strike is Bad News
                          Advice on how to deal with Anime Strike

Comment

GAH! Why is it you Americans get the DurararaX2 OVA's but us Aussies don't? X_____X
                            New anime now watching: My Hero Academia, Interviews with Monster Girls, Gabriel DropOut, DurararaX2 Ten. Avatar: Isuzu Sento (Amagi Brilliant Park).
                            "Sometimes one must lose the battle in order to win the war." Isuzu Sento, Amagi Brilliant Park.

Comment

Right Stuf just announced a Kickstarter for a dub for Aria. BDs coming as well.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-the-animation

Edit: Also announced G Gundam for 2018 release (BD and DVD).
                              Last edited by tigeress02; August 12th, 2017, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tigeress02 View Post
                                Right Stuf just announced a Kickstarter for a dub for Aria. BDs coming as well.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-the-animation
                                Thats unexpected but I'm all for a blu-ray release with dub. My only concern is it won't reach the goal, its not a big title like Escaflowne after all. Another is the dub studio. Headline Sound hasn't done a ton and none have I thought were really outstanding. Actually I didn't even know they were still in business since they haven't done much in years. They use New York & LA actors that work for Bang Zoom or NYAV POST which is good, maybe this is like their relaunch into the business.

Update, Its already over half way to goal so looks like it will be a success.
                                Last edited by Levo; August 13th, 2017, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X