X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Anime Thoughts

Let's try this again

Okay!
    I just my last B-day sale package from Right Stuf and I'm really excited!
    I think I might be able to fit in the shirt!
    Also, I'm looking forward to watching the Vampire Hunter D blu-ray I got.
    I want to compare the old streamline dub (that's on Urban Visions release which I own) against Sentai's .
    Here's to hoping it's just as good. ( Yes, I like streamlines dub)
    Last edited by J.E.S.; August 5th, 2017, 12:41 AM. Reason: Clarification.
    Nope, not even gonna try...

Comment

Hello, friends and neighbors! So, is anyone else here annoyed with the concept of Anime Strike like I am?
      “Be yourself, everyone else is taken.”
      —Oscar Wilde
      Avatar: Ohana Matsumae, Hanasaku Iroha
      Anime watched in 2017: 456 episodes (77 shows: 50 watching, 27 completed, 0 dropped)

Comment

Arch-Defender has a big rant about it in his sig

Comment

Yeah, I know. Meanwhile, the new thread works just fine, taking me to the last post. Excellent!
          —Oscar Wilde
          Anime watched in 2017: 456 episodes (77 shows: 50 watching, 27 completed, 0 dropped)

Comment

Sentai recently announced the dub for Chihayafuru.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...hepard/.119772

2 things:

Is it me, or has Luci Christian being getting a lot of work lately? She also got cast in Danmachi and Ushio and Tora.

Also, why do I feel Adam Gibbs (Taichi) and Blake Shepherd (Arata) should be switched? I guess they do alright but it's not the casting I was expecting.
            New anime now watching: Gabriel DropOut, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Kamisama Kiss 2. Avatar: Isuzu Sento (Amagi Brilliant Park).
            "Sometimes one must lose the battle in order to win the war." Isuzu Sento, Amagi Brilliant Park.

Comment

Originally posted by autsiticanime View Post

2 things:

Is it me, or has Luci Christian being getting a lot of work lately? She also got cast in Danmachi and Ushio and Tora.

Also, why do I feel Adam Gibbs (Taichi) and Blake Shepherd (Arata) should be switched? I guess they do alright but it's not the casting I was expecting.
              Luci Christian has always been getting lots of work. Shes my favorite VA so I might watch Chihayafuru even though I know nothing about it.

Comment

Am I the only person is almost completely underwhelmed with the current Anime season? At least we are half way through to the fall season.....
                “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” ― Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by loplop View Post
                  Am I the only person is almost completely underwhelmed with the current Anime season? At least we are half way through to the fall season.....
                  I'm watching around 60 to 70% of the shows that are being broadcasted this season.

The only ones I found completely appaling were:

Vatican Investigators (LOL, do I even need to explain why? )

Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (highly pretentious)

Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni (no challenge at all for an adventure series)

Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu (very pretty but very dumb in it's presentation)

The Reflection (horrid animation)

Tenshi no 3P! (it would be a cute show if it wasn't aimed to pedo audience)

Musekinin Galaxy☆Tylor (has nothing in common with the old classic)

I think that both Made in Abyss & Princess Principal are AAA great shows of the season. Ballroom e Youkoso would also be on the top if it wasn't so shounen tropey. Kakegurui is pretty entertaining, but I see a lot of people being pushed away by the exagerated face reactions from the cast.

This is a pretty good season for those of us who like romance, Koi to uso, Konbini Kareshi, Tzurezure Children. None of these will be timeless classics, but they are pretty decent and it's a good thing to have quantity when most of the times we only get one romance serie ro sometimes none per season.

Comedy is nice, although I agree it could be better (no big titles like Konosuba nor Kobayashi san) but Aho girl is nice if you get past the excessive use of voilence on the main character. Mahoujin Guru Guru is a great remake with a faster pace, wich I highly appreciate.

Theres a ton of CGDCT shows this season, all leaded by New Game!!. Centaur no Nayami is also really nice despite being produced by a chinese studio. Then there's Hina Logic, Cherry Fruits. Nora to Oujo to Noraneko Heart might be the weakest one due to it's short running time and animation budget but it's still watchable.

Knight's & Magic is quite entertaining despite being a run of the mill isekai show. In contrast, Isekai Shokudou is the show I look forward every monday for just being relaxed and cute.

Nana mara san batsu is also enjoyable even if the audience can't answer the quizes, it's cast is quite charming and fun.

I'm not watching Symphogear because I haven't watched any of the previous season, but the ones who watch it say it's as good as previous season.

I think there's at least a couple of shows for almost everyone this season.

In contrast I watched almost as many shows last season as I'm this one, but a lot of them I forced myself to finish them despite making a turn for the worse, like Disciple of Zero, Armed Girls, Sword of Boringtoria, even Suka Suka.

Comment

Originally posted by autsiticanime View Post

2 things:

A dub for Chihiyafuru? Cool! I think Luci sounds great as Chihiya!
                    —Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by loplop View Post
                      I know I looked at what shows were coming on but I can't remember a single one.
                      Avatar -I have no idea who that is.

Comment

Outlaw Star commercial was on the Adult Swim version of Toonami while I was watching Dragon Ball Super (just to see what it was like).
                        Wonder if they will include the hot springs episode this time (after all they only blurred the Code Geass nudity).
                        Coming soon!
                        Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!

Comment

Originally posted by EricDent View Post
                          Outlaw Star commercial was on the Adult Swim version of Toonami while I was watching Dragon Ball Super (just to see what it was like).
                          Wonder if they will include the hot springs episode this time (after all they only blurred the Code Geass nudity).
                          Coming soon!
                          What about Melfina? If memory serves, she was NOT shown like this on Toonami:

—Oscar Wilde

Comment

Seems like Anime News Network has been hacked, along with one of their twitter accounts...

Comment

Well that explains why I can't get on it as of typing.
                              Is it me or is stuff like this just getting out hand lately?
                              All I want to do is just read about mah Japanese cartoons...
                              Is that really such an evil thing now?
                              Nope, not even gonna try...

Comment

Working...
                              X