No announcement yet.

What anime have you watched today? Episode 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sailor Moon Crystal episodes 35 to 37- Usagi must've been taking some gymnastics classes considering how well she dodged Souichi's attacks. Also, Christine Marie Cabanos does a good job as Mistress 9.

Comment

Ao-chan can't study - 2

Completely opposite to Ohiotaku, I think Ao is a really nice character with a good foundation (a pervert father who writes erotica novels) to seclude herself from human contact, specially Boys. She's like a modern Mahiru from www.working in a more fanservice oriented show. Kaguya-sama was hyped the hell out from here to obvlivion as the best rom-com in the universe, and just delivered a good comedy with a few breadcrumbs in the romantic department. Ao-chan can't study does actually deliver in surplus in it's short format the romantic side of the story with the battle of wits (only on Ao's head) that preserves the status quo, but we already had more development than Kauya had with Takumi confesion up to her in episode 1. Wish we had more male protagonists like Takumi in romance shows.
      Anyways, Ao changing her clothes in what would look like a more discrete getup, just backfires and just hits the target of tons of tags (like glasses girl, braids, tight blazer). The rooftop scene was also quite endearing, and the double entendre is really fun.

Senryu Shoujo - 2

This show is so bland that the introduction of a busty sis (or stepsis) kinda gave me a reason not to drop it, at least not for now.

Kono Oto Tomare - 2

I hate myself and gave it a second chance to this series. I do admit that this was a much better episode, but it's still pretty lackluster. It bugs me the heck to see empty hallways everywhere the guys go in that school. And it's so dumb that every single character that doesn't belong to the Koto Bu will immediately be a douche (like, why do they have to make the Light Music Club guys be douches for no real good reason). The new girl does inject some fresh blood to this dying club with a very high bar and someone to actually wear the pants. Sadly the humor is still pretty stale and quite unnapropiate based on timming (along with Kudou being relegated to being a bad copy of Kyou from Fruits Basket). At least it made add the manga to my PTW list, maybe I'll give it a try in a near future.

Joshi Kausei - 2

Nothing much to talk about it, rather than it was fun & cute like it's previous episode.

Hitori Bochi - 2

I was expecting Bochi to be a more likeable protagonist (kinda like Hana from Slow Start with her anxiety issues) but a lot of the times her gimmicks just make me sigh and shake my head. At least new girl was pretty likeable with her false persona. I guess I'll keep watching it for the rest of the cast, rather than the main.

Comment

Kakuriyo 9-10:

I've been watching this on and off for months now. I got bored with it at first, but reading the manga got me all interested in it again. Good episode but too bad the animation kind of ruined things in episode ten.

One Punch Man 2 1:

The animation isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. Aww...Saitama made a friend.

Mob Psycho 2 7-10:

Demon Slayer 2:

Nezuko is Best Girl this season

Why the Hell Are You Here Teacher? 1:

Hentai for beginners. Mr Goddy doesn't stream otherwise I'd recommend him this since he loves ecchi shit.
        Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
        In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post
          Why the Hell Are You Here Teacher? 1:

Hentai for beginners. Mr Goddy doesn't stream otherwise I'd recommend him this since he loves ecchi shit.
          Ah yeah, I read long time ago in your posts that your husband does like ecchi stuff. He should give a try to Ao-chan can't study, it's a very sweet shonen romance with ecchi moments here and there that doesn't disrupt the love story and since it's pretty mild it isn't censored like the ecchi stuff in Why are you here sensei?

Kimetsu no Yaiba - 2

So the show won't be a 100% blood & tears, and will also have some good comedy relief? (I would have liked it better if for once we would have had a fully serious show, but it isn't that bad that it also has comedy) Nezuko's moe gap is beyond 9000

Gegege no Kitarou - 51

We have Neko-musume back to normal. I would have liked to have her as Neko-chan at least one or two more episodes with Mana-chan as a babysitter.
          Edit: was kinda waiting for a Freezer or other DBZ villian to come out as a cameo while Kitarou was looking for Enma Daioh in Hell

Last edited by kimurah; April 15th, 2019, 04:02 PM.

Comment

My Hero Academia episode 45
            Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable episode 31
            The Promised Neverland episode 1

Comment

Bakugan: Battle Planet 21
              Beyblade Burst Turbo 22
              Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 24
              My Hero Academia 43
              The Promised Neverland 1
              Sword Art Online: Alicization 11
              Jojoís Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable 31
              Black Cover 62
              Hunter X Hunter (New) 138
              Naruto Shippuden 245
              My Anime Collection: Watched My Anime Collection: Haven't Watched My Anime Web Site Supermutant2099 on deviantART My Twitch Page

Favs: Sailor Moon, Tenchi, Lupin III, Black Lagoon, Dual, Slayers, More.

Comment

DB Super Ep 104-106
                "Mission, Complete"

Rightstuf Refugee

Comment

Why the Hell Are You Here Teacher?! episodes 1 - 2
                  I honestly don't see the point of having some of these ecchi scenes if they're just going to censor them anyway, because it's really the only thing it has going for it.

Gegege no Kitaro episode 51
                  I agree with Kimurah that I wish they had kept Neko-musume in her chibi form a bit longer. Though the scene where she showed up was pretty badass, and her "forget anything I said or did in that form" warning is classic tsundere behavior. Not surprising that there was a price to pay for her return though as it was obvious that Kitaro was keeping something secret. I like the new antagonist as well, though it seems like with the Nanashi arc the majority of episodes will be standalone with the occasional focus on the bigger story. Also the new ED by Bucktick fits perfectly
                  Current Avatar: Ainz ooal Gown from Isekai Quartet

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ohayotaku

Comment

We Never Learn 1-2

This is rather...meh.
                    In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Yatogame-chan - 2

Pretty cute and hectic. This is definitely my favorite short this season.

Both AfterLost - 2 & Fairy Gone - 2 were terrible in direction. I'm noticing that the sunday shows this season are rather weak.

Twinkle Precure - 11

Finally the already expected first combined attack comes up.

Aikatsu Friends! - 52 (no subs)

Mezashite is taking it's sweet time lately. There were a few cheap animation cuts here and there, but nothing like the latest shows from Woods Entertainment. Aine's little prank on Mio was quite cute.

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs 1 - 3.5

Started watching this one, since the unc version finally came out and the regular shows (not the kids shows) on sunday were pretty disapointing.

Comment

One Punch Man s2 - 2

The stiffer and lack of actual frames animation from J.C. Staff is showing off. Even the funny bits and the background story kinda feels flat without the great animation from Shingo.
                        Someone posted a video of Jackie Chan's old Hong Kong movies vs his american movies, and it's a world of difference in terms of detail in the action scenes, where the hollywood movies tend to do "cut to" next scene rather than framing the most important part of the fight in one shot. One Punch Man S2 feels like that, with a lot of "cut to" sequences.

Isekai Quartet - 2

I know that Hitoribochi & probably Senko-san are supposed to be the cutest characters this season. But dang, watching all these characters in chibi mode does make you think this is actually the cutest show in the season.
                        Aqua's bullying never gets old
                        Last edited by kimurah; April 16th, 2019, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhillyFlash View Post
                          Watched last night:

Fruits Basket (2019), episode 1
                          I was most eager to watch the new version of this show, and, I have to say it didn't disappoint. The animation was lush, and it was good that most of the English voice cast from the original show had been reunited, including Laura Bailey reprising her role as Tohru.
                          I thought it was a remaster of the old one. Is it a whole new anime?

Comment

Originally posted by mooserocka33 View Post

Yes, it's an all new version.

Watched last night:

Scorching Ping Pong Girls, episodes 3 & 4
                            Phantom of the Twilight, episodes 7 & 8
                            Symphogear GX, episodes 9 & 10
                            Bungo Stray Dogs, episodes 21 & 22
                            “I have no wish to fill my few remaining years mourning the loss of old friends.…or their sons."
                            ---Alfred to Bruce Wayne, Batman (1989)
                            Avatar: Asuna Yuuki, Sword Art Online
                            Anime watched in 2019: 185 episodes (62 shows: 44 watching, 16 completed, 2 dropped)

Comment

Itís an adaption of the entire manga series this time with a whole new creative staff (the Japanese VAs are all new too, though Funimation brought back as many of the old dub cast as they could). The tone seems more serious than the old version, even though there is still humor. I assume itís more in line with the manga.
                              Current Avatar: Ainz ooal Gown from Isekai Quartet

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ohayotaku

Comment

Mangaka HATED the original anime so she approved of everything from cast to script this time around. As Ohiotaku said, Funi, on the other hand, bought back most of the original dub cast. Basically it's the FMA Brotherhood approach in which the entire manga is supposed to be animated.

Isekai Quartet 2:

Aqua trying to vanquish the Skull dude and getting smacked down by Kazuma was hilarious

Comment

Working...
                                X