Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What anime have you watched today? Episode 2

Part 1: https://www.animenation.com/forum/an...-watched-today

I locked the old thread because it had nearly 40,000 posts, to reduce server load

I have been watching whatshername's moe moe dragon maid. The main character is bland in a way that is normally reserved for bland male harem show leads (though not quite as bland as many of those) but the rest of the cast is fun enough to overcome that. It's not a deep show but it's entertaining.

I also watched Konosuba 2 episode 1. It was just kind of blah. The characters are all there and pretty much the same as before but it just wasn't all that funny. The situation as kind of a retread of things that have happened before with the main character saving the day at the end of last season but getting stuck with a bill that puts him deeper in the hole than ever this season. It kind of reminds me of the second season of Zero no Tsukaima where the first episode wipes away all the main character's development and progress and sets him back to square one for the start of the second season.
    Avatar - Morgiana finally gets her powerup.
    "The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive." -Thomas Sowell

Comment

Sundays have become fundays. So much to watch

Princess Principal 3

So few shows have made love all of it's main characters, and it seems this one will be added to that list.
      I liked Beatrice since she showed up in the OP. Her dialogueless introduction in episode 1 left me wanting to know more about her. Episode revealed her squaking annoying voice with her overprotective clingy attitude towards HIme wich pretty much broke all that interest I had in her. But this 3rd episode totally won me over by explaining why she's so devoted to the Princess. Dorothy was an already favorite since last episode with her "direct aproach". But this one takes it up a notch. I love it that she's a girl aware of her attributes and knows how to use them to get what she wants, but she's also goofy and fun when she's not doing spy work. Ange won me in the very first episode, I don't think I need to explain why. The only one left is the Princess, but I'm pretty sure we'll get there in time. And I'm also very eager to see Ninja Girl show up and see what's her background story.

Centaur no Nayami 3

I liked the first two episodes despite having such a huge percent of peeps disliking it for it's low budget and writing. This one is a heck lot better in all senses. It was so sweet and adorable, along with being informative and world builder. This one along with Isekai Shokudou are the SOL healers I need this season.

Knight's & Magic 4

Nothing new to add to the story, but a pretty fun episode watching the trap being over exited building new mechs.

Action Heroine Cheer Fruits 3

Silly episode introducing the classic Ojou/Rival character into the show.

Comment

Pokemon Sun and Moon 35
        Beyblade Burst 36
        Attack On Titan Season Two 12
        Hunter X Hunter (New) 59
        Lupin III Part Four 6
        Naruto Shippuden 165
        Captain Harlock: Space Pirate 15-21
        My Anime Collection: Watched My Anime Collection: Haven't Watched My Anime Web Site Supermutant2099 on deviantART My Twitch Page

Favs: Sailor Moon, Tenchi, Lupin III, Black Lagoon, Dual, Slayers, More.

Comment

Amagi Brilliant Park 3-4.
          New anime now watching: Golden Kamuy.
          Avatar: Kusuo Saiki(The Disasterous Life Of Saiki K.).
          "I am the world's unhappiest man who has had everything snatched away since the moment of my birth." Kusuo Saiki, The Disasterous Life Of Saiki K.

Comment

DragonBall Super Ep 26

NOIR Ep. 17-23
            "Mission, Complete"

Rightstuf Refugee

Comment

My Hero Academia 18.

One Piece 511.
              "I am the world's unhappiest man who has had everything snatched away since the moment of my birth." Kusuo Saiki, The Disasterous Life Of Saiki K.

Comment

Noir Ep 24-26(End) great show!

Gundam Origin EP 1
                "Mission, Complete"

Rightstuf Refugee

Comment

Captain Harlock: Space Pirate 22-28
                  My Anime Collection: Watched My Anime Collection: Haven't Watched My Anime Web Site Supermutant2099 on deviantART My Twitch Page

Favs: Sailor Moon, Tenchi, Lupin III, Black Lagoon, Dual, Slayers, More.

Comment

Yesterday I watched Little Witch Academia: The Enchanted Parade
                    Never Underestimate This Madwoman's Eternal Goober-ness
                    Taleen and Nutmeg: We are the Talmeg. 2017 Best AN couple
                    AN's Alpha Female

Join the AN discord: https://discord.gg/eY55AVc

Comment

One Piece 512.

Amagi Brilliant Park 5-6.

This series officially took a turn for the insane. Also:

WAIT A MINUTE

Also, Jessica Calvello is the best thing about this dub. I just love how the cat mascot is so enthusiastic over sex and violence.

Comment

I watched the second episode of Himouto Umaru-chan, and the friend is adorable

I also decided to give Konosuba season 2 another shot, and the animation definitely improved after episode 1

Comment

Kimi no Na wa / Your Name

Fantastic

Comment

Memesuba OVA 2

I was hesitant of this one. I'm not a big fan of Konosuba and the ova for the first season was quite a let down. This one though even though it's highly fanserviced, it feels more complete, it has some sort of actual plot to it and it was a hell lot funnier than the ova. Heck, I think it was even funnier than most of the regular episodes in second season.

Nana maru san Batsu 4

I didn't like the first episode, I literally couldn't even go beyond the first half of it, mainly because of the typical nerdy putz MC and the sidekick the knowit all typical Megane-kun, so I dropped early on. I got curious to see if the show got better since there was a big conmotion about the female lead and her untrainned voice as VA. I actually like her voice, it lacks the tone and I personally think it doesn't match the actual character of Mary, but I think her natural way of speaking it's very very unique. The MC doesn't bother me anymore, and they added a small romantic bit with them ridding a bicycle to school. I'm a huge sucker for romantic bicycle rides in anime, and since most shows abide by the japanese traffic rules, these kind of scenes are very very uncommon these days. The new girl with the kansai ben looks quite fun too, so now I got at least two reasons to watch this show.

Sakura Quest 17

Holy shit, the show hit summer season a few episodes ago, and now they are entering fall season, wich means, yet more outfits for the main cast. The whole plot revolving around the geezers of Manoyama was pretty funny, but it also made me feel prehistoric when they mentioned rotary disc phones as some sort of relic no one has heard of in ages. The jokes about tablets were hilarious and very on point.

Clione no Akari 3

It hurts barely no one watches this show because it's on Amazon stream only, it has low production budget, it's short and it's not a light and fluffy story of kids in middle school but rather a story of bullying an how to deal with it. Maybe Nutmeg should give it a looksie since she was interested in shows for young ones.

Hajimete no Gal 3

This show would be 100% more enjoyable if the friends of the MC would completely disappear (and if the MC wasn't 200% virgin who always think the worst of any situation) I like Yukana and even her 2 face friend Ranko. It's cute that Yukana tries to emulate Galko-chan, though I'd say they are still quite afar from each other in terms of reputation.

Comment

Gundam Origin Ep II - hmm really interesting
                              "Mission, Complete"

Rightstuf Refugee

Comment

Working...
                              X