Looking for something new

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for something new

As with life things have been busy. However, I would like to maybe get back into some anime again. Thing is I don’t have a lot of time to watch anime, so I need a series that is shorter (26 episodes or less), a series that is dubbed (this way I can work out or do other things while watching) and on physical format (i.e. Blu-Ray or DVD). I have been out of the anime loop for about a year or so…maybe two? I have a few series that I still have not watched yet sitting on my shelf collecting dust because they are sub-only titles and most are harem which is something I am not looking for at this time…

I am looking for something with lots of action, military or police would be awesome, and it could be based in a fantasy or sci-fi setting. Thank you in advance!
    Man time fly's when you get older and older and older............

No idea if it has a dub but you might like the GATE series, it's about the Japanese army finding a portal to a fantasy world and it has quite a bit of action
    My Pokémon brings all the boys to the yard
    And they're like "You wanna trade cards?"
    Damn right, I wanna trade cards
    I can trade you, but not Charizard

Comment

Originally posted by superplough View Post
      No idea if it has a dub but you might like the GATE series, it's about the Japanese army finding a portal to a fantasy world and it has quite a bit of action
      Just looked it up. It looks interesting and yes, it have a dub and is out on Blu-Ray here in the states. Thanks for the info.

Comment

I'm glad it suits, I hope you enjoy it
        My Pokémon brings all the boys to the yard
        And they're like "You wanna trade cards?"
        Damn right, I wanna trade cards
        I can trade you, but not Charizard

Comment

Blue Gender and Gundam 8th MS Team are military anime and they both have dubs.

Comment

Actually GATE comes out in July.

Lets see:

Patlabor
            Appleseed
            FLAG
            Ghost In The Shell (all of them)
            You're Under Arrest
            Full Metal Panic
            Fullmetal Alchemist
            Girls Und Panzer
            Strike Witches
            Kantai Collection
            Pumpkin Scissors
            Kiddy Grade
            Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!

Comment

Originally posted by SwatKat90 View Post
              Blue Gender and Gundam 8th MS Team are military anime and they both have dubs.
              Originally posted by EricDent View Post
              Actually GATE comes out in July.

Lets see:

Patlabor
              Appleseed
              Ghost In The Shell (all of them)
              You're Under Arrest
              Full Metal Panic
              Fullmetal Alchemist
              Girls Und Panzer
              Strike Witches
              Pumpkin Scissors
              Kiddy Grade

I am looking for something new. I have seen all of these and own most all of them.
              Last edited by Sora N; June 20th, 2017, 01:07 PM.

Comment

If you are looking for something shorter and you haven't seen them, the first two Patlabor movies or the 4 Macross Plus OVAs. Even though they are older, they are very highly recommended.
                “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” ― Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Kantai Collection come out on Blu-ray next week. Good news, for you, is that it is dubbed.
                  They don't think it be like it is, but it do - Oscar Gamble
                  Muh Figures

Comment

RightStuf will soon release Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt December Sky at a reasonable price. Before it was only sold as a $90 import, which is crazy for a movie.

Heavy Object has a lot of military action.
                    MyAnimeList
                    Avatar:Killua & Alluka Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Comment

Originally posted by loplop View Post
                      If you are looking for something shorter and you haven't seen them, the first two Patlabor movies or the 4 Macross Plus OVAs. Even though they are older, they are very highly recommended.
                      I have seen Patlabor. I have not seen the OVA's or Macross. Thanks.

Originally posted by SapperSix View Post
                      Kantai Collection come out on Blu-ray next week. Good news, for you, is that it is dubbed.
                      It does look interesting. Thanks.

Originally posted by Levo View Post
                      RightStuf will soon release Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt December Sky at a reasonable price. Before it was only sold as a $90 import, which is crazy for a movie.

Heavy Object has a lot of military action.
                      Cool! You know I am a Gundam Girl! LOL

Comment

I started Seven Deadly Sins, which is fantasy and adventure. It's not too bad so far.

It was on Netflix, but it's on dvd/br now. So, there's a dub.
                        Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
                        In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Not sure if it matches what you want but Arslan Senki, just started watching it and it's a good one imo.
                          good things are going to happen

Taleen and Nutmeg: We are the Talmeg, nothing can stop us =D

Comment

I really don't like military stuff, but I will throw something out there that I liked so much that I marathoned in a day. Shiki. It's classified as horror, but sometimes it could be classified as sci-fi since it has some supernatural elements? I dunno. I want to be helpful but maybe I'm not being very helpful. It has a good dub though. And there is some police involvement somewhat.

I tried. XD
                            Meow Meow
                            The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
                            ~Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

One Punch Man just came out recently on Blu.

My Hero Academia's first season also just came out. It's an on going series (second season airing right now) but the first season is only 13 episodes and easy to digest. For many it's filling in the shonen void that Hunter x Hunter left.

Has anyone seen my Bunny? -Boma
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                              X