Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Older anime you want to see but haven't?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've wanted to see Aura Battler Dunbine ever since I heard about the influence it had in making Vision of Escaflowne. Too bad it never got relicensed, and finding all of the volumes is a lot harder than summoning Exodia on the first turn.
    "I'm actually great at debating, as I've been informally trained by 4chan and Something Awful"
    Alex Decay

Comment

Originally posted by Spy Princess View Post
      I've wanted to see Aura Battler Dunbine ever since I heard about the influence it had in making Vision of Escaflowne. Too bad it never got relicensed, and finding all of the volumes is a lot harder than summoning Exodia on the first turn.
      Daisuki recently added it if you don't mind paid streaming. http://www.daisuki.net/us/en/anime/detail.DUNBINE.html

Comment

Levo - very cool, I didn't know that Dunbine was up for streaming now! I've got a gap in my DVD collection of that series, need to go watch through the gaps.

Other older things I want to watch some more of:
        Attack No.1 (1968)
        Alps no Shoujo Heidi (1974)

Originally posted by Five Head View Post

Space Cruiser Yamato or Space Battleship Yamato? I thought Uchuu Senkan Yamato translates as Space Battleship Yamato.
        The direct translation of senkan is battleship. The use of the phrase Space Cruiser Yamato goes back to the late 1970s/early 1980s; some merchandise from Japan used this phrase based on one of the series creators, Nishizaki Yoshinobu, being a big fan of boating and himself having a cruiser-type boat, he got some publications to use the phrase Space Cruiser.
        Now if you'll excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.

MyAnimeList
        KT Kore: [TA12] called Suiko Eiji a jackass [...]
        Suiko Eiji: In TA12's defense, I am a jackass.
        KT Kore: You're an awesome jackass though.

Comment

Originally posted by Suiko Eiji View Post
          Alps no Shoujo Heidi (1974)
          This is something I wanted to see for quite a while, but I forgot about it...
          Avatar: Constanze Amalie von Braunschbank Albrechtsberger

Comment

Astro Boy
            Speed Racer
            Hikari no Densetsu (Legend of Light)

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhillyFlash View Post
              Well, I haven't watched the original Space Cruiser Yamato (a.k.a. Star Blazers) for the longest time, perhaps not since 1980. I'd love to revisit that show!
              Watch the new one. It's really impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by old hat View Post

Watch the new one. It's really impressive.
                I didn't know there was a new version. Thanks for the tip!
                “If you come back in here, I’m gonna hit you with so many rights, you’re going to beg for a left.”
                ---Matt Hunter, Invasion U.S.A.
                Anime watched in 2017: 327 episodes (71 shows: 54 watching, 17 completed, 0 dropped)

Comment

Its too bad Voyager Entertainment sucks, we might never get a proper release. Torrents are your friend in this situation. Voyager can go themselves.

Comment

Brain Powerd
                    Devil Hunter Yohko
                    Devilman Lady
                    Moldiver
                    Earthian

Comment

Working...
                    X