Funimation Licenses Seven Deadly Sins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funimation Licenses Seven Deadly Sins

Do note that this is only for home video rights as Netflix has the streaming rights.

Link

Funimation is excited to announce our latest acquisition—Seven Deadly Sins! What does this sin-sational news mean? We have acquired the home video distribution rights and will be releasing the entire first season on home video later this year in the US & Canada. Pre-orders will be coming soon so keep an eye out for your chance to bring this hit series home!

Synopsis:
    In a troubled kingdom plagued with corrupted knights, the only salvation will come from sin. From the studio behind Fairy Tail comes a brand-new action-adventure that proves there’s more than one side to a story.

When Holy Knights arrest her father and sisters, Princess Elizabeth seeks out a group of legendary warriors known as the Seven Deadly Sins. Once revered, the Sins betrayed the kingdom and became fearsome fugitives that no man is willing to face—a far cry from the heroes this princess needs.

Finding the Sins is no easy task, and Elizabeth’s journey takes her to a small tavern where she collapses in front of a short, unassuming man and his talking pig. Helpful, albeit perverted, the barkeep reveals that he’s actually Meliodas, the Dragon Sin of Wrath—captain of the Seven Deadly Sins! Agreeing to help her, the two travel the countryside in search of his companions. But their journey pits them against dangerous creatures and the treacherous, power-hungry Holy Knights who plan on eliminating the Sins for good.
    Nice to see another show Netflix picked up get a home video release. I was wondering if Aniplex was going to get this at one point as they are part of the committee, so it's interesting to see Funimation with it. I just hope by the time this comes out, Funi has their QC processes under control, as I definitely want this one for my collection.
    Last edited by tigeress02; February 14th, 2017, 03:22 PM.
    Upcoming Anime DVD/BD Releases: 2017
    My Website ~ DVDProfiler ~ FilmAF

Very happy Aniplex doesn't have the rights for it. I'll probably buy it when it comes out.
    Favorite Anime: Sakura Trick, Maria-sama ga Miteru, Air, Kanon, Clannad/Clannad After Story, Toradora, Strike Witches, Kill La Kill, Monogatari, Kashimashi, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha/Nanoha A's, Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma Illya, Saki, Spice and Wolf, Aria, Lucky Star, Anohana, ef, Steins;Gate
    My Anime Collection, My Anime List PSN: SuiDream88

Comment

Meh, I was really hoping Aniplex would have released this one, but now that Funi has it, guess it won't be a part of my collection anytime soon. I'm done buying f'd-up Funimation releases.

Comment

Originally posted by t-Roy View Post
        Meh, I was really hoping Aniplex would have released this one, but now that Funi has it, guess it won't be a part of my collection anytime soon. I'm done buying f'd-up Funimation releases.
        What's so f'd-up about them?

Comment

Cool, very fun show.

Tomorrow the sequel OVA will be released on Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by t-Roy View Post

Wot? What's wrong with Funi's releases?

I might pick up this one. Heard a lot of hype about it and the price seems reasonable for it.

Comment

From my point of view, there were a bunch of little things adding up over the last year or so, with Code Geass being what "broke the camel's back" (damaged packaging / pack-ins, mono audio and probably some other things I'm forgetting). Roughly 4-5 months later and some people still don't have the replacements that they had requested. There were also some major problems with their Escaflowne Kickstarter (damaged/missing rewards and so on). A lot of people are just super frustrated with Funimation at the moment.
              Upcoming Anime DVD/BD Releases: 2017
              My Website ~ DVDProfiler ~ FilmAF

Comment

The Funi disk issues seem to stem from that agreement with Universal Pictures Home Entertainment that was touted so much. There has been a big drop off in quality since they started doing the duplication and distribution of Funi's titles in the fall of 2015.

Comment

Working...
                X