This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Levon View Post
    Although I think most people just delete the fansubs after they watch them. After all if they want to watch the show again they can just re-download it.
    Usually.

I like to archive shows I enjoy a good bit though personally, and I get OCD about keeping any and every old OVA even if they suck or not, since those are the harder ones to find off and on. Lately though I often find myself redownloading better releases of older shows, whether it's an upgrade from VHS rips to DVD rips, or just a better group... it's been happening a lot lately, lol. Not that I'm complaining, a good excuse for me to rewatch that stuff.

The timing on it is always funny though. I watch Votoms, few months later GP releases super HQ releases of it. Same deal with Tekkeman Blade. Then Kimagure Orange Road. etc etc etc, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryvius View Post
      Yeah, you could say streaming pretty much = renting. So no unless you can download that stuff officially or whatever, you'd have to keep up a subscription to watch stuff through those services.

uTorrent is just a torrent program by the way, lol.
      Originally posted by Levon View Post
      It all depends if you want to keep it or not, but you can always burn fansubs to DVD's so you don't have to keep it on a hard drive. DVD's are cheap and hard drives are getting cheaper & cheaper every month(1 TB for around $50!) so storing is not a problem for most.

Although I think most people just delete the fansubs after they watch them. After all if they want to watch the show again they can just re-download it.
      Thank you very much for the info guys.
      Release Cyborg 009 TV series from 1979 on DVD in U.S.A. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyborg 002 View Post
        When you download an anime do you keep it on a hard disc forever?

Kinda like owning it but just on a hard disc instead of DVD or Bluray?
        I keep my illegal downloads of fansubs and english dubs on my External Hard Drive, but only because my mom's computer does not have a DVD Drive/Burner.

Which means I usually do have to delete anime after I watch it, so I always have some free space left.

(not to mention I feel guilty for downloading anime illegally)
        My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Comment

• BTW, disks arent really 'forever' either, they get scatched/damaged and even affected by temperature over time.

I archive my favorite anime on an external. I do this less now though, as i plan to buy anything i really enjoy when it is released (if price is reasonable). I used to save everything but quickly realized that takes too much space and most shows dont really have a rewatch value.
          Last edited by DazarGaidin; August 26th, 2011, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• How much cash do these subbers make, if any? I am sure it has been asked in this thread somewhere, but forgive my laziness!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shade- View Post
              How much cash do these subbers make, if any? I am sure it has been asked in this thread somewhere, but forgive my laziness!
              Pretty much no money at all. Some do have donations, but I think it's usually just to pay for servers and raws and stuff.
              My DeviantArt | My Backloggery

My hobbies consist of breaking the laws of physics and eating pizza. Although they are practically the same thing...

Arooo~

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickeymac92 View Post
                Pretty much no money at all. Some do have donations, but I think it's usually just to pay for servers and raws and stuff.
                At least that's what they say the donations are used for .

(just teasing )
                My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Comment

• never thought I would be interested in such a topic... but yeah, I got to admit. Had those questions too. And finally I can have answers! Thanks for the link

Starlight Kiss
                  Last edited by leroyhubbard; November 29th, 2013, 12:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiran View Post
                    Ive stickied this thread, if people can expand with useful links on the history legalities etc. of fansubing, I think it will be useful forreferance and for saving on the repeated threads.
                    that is very true to yeah

Comment

• My Anime List Figures "It wont enix has been better then sqare since after snes we still remain sqaresoft just because of snes days." kulitsky33

Comment

• Originally posted by ZeroRyoko1974 View Post
                        http://i.imgur.com/Yd04b8a.jpg
                        I think you missed.
                        Avatar - Monkey D Luffy, not impressed with that ****

Comment

Working...
                        X