X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apocrypha
    I have a question about fansubs too:

Is it legal to burn a fansub to a recording DVD? I know it's illegal to buy them, but if you create on for yourself, is that OK?

Another one,
    what's the fast helper? I've been using Azures, but I was wondering if there's one faster.
    Well, it depends. Technically, it's illegal to have them to begin with, but you're not going to be prosecuted for possession alone. It would be no more illegal to burn them to DVD. However, if the DVD were used as an alternate to a legit DVD, then yes, it would be worse.

However, if you do have a legit DVD, say, an R2 or the R1 when it comes out later, then it would be perfectly legal, as it would be a backup in that case.
    -dunno001
    -Happiness is but a fleeting thing... it fleets with one you loved...

Comment

With Suprnova now no longer offering torrents, how long do you think until we see fansubs taken off the internet? Like with our current problem with P2P programs?
      6/18/05 - Moose's Animated Gifs

Comment

They're never going to be taken off of the internet, they're just going to be harder to find. You may have to use a decentralized P2P system (which, thanks to the 9th circuit court of appeals, developers & distributers of said software are protected from lawsuits) to get the fansubs, but they'll never go away. I already d/l most fansubs using the bittorrent mode in Shareaza and then, even if the trackers go down, it's still avalable over gnutella.

~Nikku

I wishie I were a bishie.
        -~猫design_co~-
        Current Avatar: Beach Ball Sun
        I'll stop calling the Bush administration Orwellian when they stop using 1984 as their strategy guide.

Comment

I've never seen a fansub. Are they any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Animematt55
            Note on #3, T3 is very expensive, and is usually at schools and such. I have a t3 at school, and they filter bottorrents (they still work but not as fast) and remember it takes time for them to get runnign fast.

ya I know, My fathers work has a T3, I was thinking of finding a way to break down the firewall
            () STONE()() FREE...()() TO......()()DO......()()WHAT..()() I.........()() PLEASE()

Comment

Originally posted by Oro-Chan
              Yeah, they're the new underground compenent of anime, basically just imagine a subbed ep of an unliscenced anime on your computer

Comment

Originally posted by Oro-Chan
                There is a lot of unlicensed anime that is excellent. Of course, if you like anime, you'd like fansubs.

Comment

is the anime in southeast asia fansubbed? i tried to compare it once to the stuff here in the US.

what im trying to say is that i used to watch Rurouni Kenshin in the philippines... the voice acting was good. but when i got the dvds here...the dubs kinda different..
                  ...avatar courtesy of Levon...
                  If you're on Rizon, stop by and lurk at #ANationDivided
                  see you there.

The Wink Face Equals Truth

Comment

It's not very well known in North America, but in Europe and South America it's the bomb:

http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/general.cgi?l=1

What is e-mule?
                    A p2p application

What's the difference of it about others like BT or Kazaa?

emule, descends from the other p2p program "e-donkey 2000". E-mule has a unique ID (hash) for every file there is, a code that every client can do when you share files. So you know exactly what you're downloading. E-mule doesn't work on a central server like napster did. It uses individual servers, and there are millions around the globe. It can also work serverless (either using KAD [kademlia] or with another program called Overnet).

So, once connected to a server you can search for files. Also there are sites like filedonkey where you can use a web interface to do a multi-server search.

The best thing about emule compared to kazaa, is not only the file identification, but also the anti-corruption measures. When you downloaded large files with kazaa, generally they got corrupted. But emule downloads by non sequential parts, and every time a part is finished, it rehashes the file to check if its corrupted, and if it is, it only redownloads the part that went wrong. Also, emule uses "ed2k" links (links that start with ed2k:// instead of http://), which contain the name, size and identification of the file. So just by having a forum and posting ed2k links you can distribute and advertise your files. A link is all you need. It's not a file like BT, just a link.

The best thing compared to BT is that the files can be online eternally as long as anyone shares it. It doesn't depend on an original seed, neither needs trackers. Also, you can search for files.

The bad thing of emule compared to BT and Kazaa, is that emule is slower than these other 2. So slow can it be, that if you have dial-up, it will be so inefficient that you better use another app. Its more designed for broadband users.

Another con is that emule requires some router configuration. That's the hard part. But if you have only a modem, then there's no problem. Also if you know more or less how to configure your router you'll be able to do it in no time. Also emule's page contains info on how to configure some brands of routers.

Emule has some years now. And emule based file and fansub distribution has been on the rise, and now is bigger than ever. I found extremely rare stuff here, things that would be almost impossible to find on other network or even specialized stores. There are also enormous sites with collections of ed2k links, like the now defunct sharereactor (that was the bomb), and there's also an animereactor (for fansubs) and mangareactor (for scanlations - although some of the stuff there is also scans from already licensed titles [but hey! you won't find "Bad Companies" anywhere else].).

For those here who use AniDB as something like animeNFO, you're missing the best part. If you're registered you can also get the ed2k's for most of the anime listed there.

Resuming: emule is the next generation and evolution of p2p, total freedom, total security (both you and the file), enormous ammount of files available, thousands of people releasing files in ed2k links. It's emule or die now.
                    REI LIBERATION PARADE
                    Rei Pride

Comment

Nice post

No matter how slow that stubborn mule runs on my pc, it will always be my favorite The speed is more of a broadband problem, though, as AA well stated >.>

The best part is that you can find almost anything there... so lovable!

Comment

If you download of sites your allowed to legally keep your eps for 24 hours or something similar. I saw fansubs of the whole Gundam seed series and it was really good apart from a few grammatical and spelling errors.
                        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...k/Siganime.jpg
                        'Hey! Don't forget Rey.

*Yaoi fan-girls everywhere cheer and applaud*':-Magician Camille

www.foolycooly.net

Comment

Oh the bootleg sites have the disclaimer. The act of the internet privacy only applies to the citizens of the U.S.

Comment

Everything thing you need to know:

1. It's stressfull/demanding/tiring
                            2. You need to be good at something,
                            either math or languages...
                            3. It takes up 70% of your time, if not more
                            I can deal with some Physical Pain,
                            as long as it slows down My Higher Brain

Comment

Originally posted by DeathBerry

Um... what are you talking about? Do you mean actually subbing?

Comment

Originally posted by DeathBerry

It seems like studying on the first year of the University But that would be clearly off-topic.

Comment

Working...
                                X