Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question. Dose it matter which fansub group I use to dl a anime. There is only one fansub anime I download and it's bleach and I use Lunar anime, dose it matter which one I use.

Comment

No it doesn't. It's just which group you think does the best.
      I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Romans 1:16

Comment

Okay, I have a question I have been thinking about for a while:
        If a company license a serie in US (for US distribution) would that concern me as well in Europe? As it says on some dvd.s imported from Us "for sale and rental in USA (and Canada) only". This should mean that I could continue downloading fansubs under Us license shouldn't it? Or am I wrong?
        That's it, sir
        You're leaving
        The crackle of pigskin
        The dust and the screaming
        The yuppies networking
        The panic, the vomit
        The panic, the vomit
        God loves his children
        God loves his children

Comment

No, you can't. Most or all of the fansub groups would stop subbing it or cease distruibution. Some groups would continue subbing it if it hasn't finish yet in Japan but if it has then most will stop. There are some sites where you can still download it.
          I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Romans 1:16

Comment

Originally posted by Millenear
            This should mean that I could continue downloading fansubs under Us license shouldn't it? Or am I wrong?
            I'd say you're wrong. There is no such thing as downloading a fansub under a US license. I'm not actually sure what you're saying here, in fact.
            He was the sort of person who stood on mountaintops during thunderstorms in wet copper armour shouting "All the Gods are bastards."

Comment

Originally posted by Leader Desslock
              I'd say you're wrong. There is no such thing as downloading a fansub under a US license. I'm not actually sure what you're saying here, in fact.
              I'm pretty sure he meant: "This should mean that I could continue downloading fansubs of anime which are under a US license shouldn't it? Or am I wrong?"

My additions to that sentance are colored red.

My answer: I live in Europe too, and since I am able to order the DVDs in English from many sites, including this one, I have never taken my location as an indication that I can download anime which has been licensed. The Berne convention applies, even to unlicensed anime, and it is only through the forbearance of the owners that we are able to download fansubs at all. It would be unwise to abuse the priveledge.
              Last edited by Soluzar; November 8th, 2005, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Millenear
                Okay, I have a question I have been thinking about for a while:
                If a company license a serie in US (for US distribution) would that concern me as well in Europe? As it says on some dvd.s imported from Us "for sale and rental in USA (and Canada) only". This should mean that I could continue downloading fansubs under Us license shouldn't it? Or am I wrong?
                Most fansubbers will stop because the series has now been licensed in the US, so the question is sort of moot anyway.

If you were to find Swedish fansubs (I'd imagine that other non-English subs would continue), I doubt the US market would care very much -- since that would be a market the US couldn't really get into anyway.
                Rest in peace, Eddie Guerrero.
                1967-2005

Comment

But what if it was the other way around. If Europe (or some other english speaking country) licensed an anime/manga which the US has no intention of licensing. Do American fans still think it's acceptable to download those subs?
                  All sound died out... the cold, dark night gradually fills the room. Unable to get sleep, holding on to the covers... Suddenly, that's when it strikes. As if my chest was being squeezed. Feeling like I want to cry. A painful, uneasy feeling... Yes... From the depths of my sould, a thing called loneliness is coming...
                  - Kiyochi, Boys Be -

Comment

Originally posted by raikage
                    If you were to find Swedish fansubs (I'd imagine that other non-English subs would continue), I doubt the US market would care very much -- since that would be a market the US couldn't really get into anyway.
                    Yeah I thought so too... I was just curios I usually buy American (or Au- they're cheaper) dvds anyway.
                    That's it, sir
                    You're leaving
                    The crackle of pigskin
                    The yuppies networking
                    The panic, the vomit
                    The panic, the vomit
                    God loves his children
                    God loves his children

Comment

I got a question. What do I need to play an ".mkv" file? My computer doesn't recognize the file type. I downloaded a copy of the Elfen Lied ova and can't watch it because it's an .mkv file. What the heck is an .mkv file anyway?!?!
                      You want a recommendation? Go buy Hare+Guu!
                      Current Favorites: Kaleido Star, Sailor Moon, Pretty Cure Max Heart, Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan, Black Lagoon, Kanon, Kino no Tabi, Death Note, Slayers, AIR
                      Last episode watched: Clannad - 20, Dokuro-chan - 2, Sailor Moon 139

Comment

Use media player classic instead of whatever player you use now.
                        -> http://www.divx-digest.com/software/...r_classic.html
                        Some player just can't play mkv-files, this one can ^.^
                        Nowdays I play all my videos in media player classic cause I think it has much better audio than many other. ( It can also play dvd.s!)
                        That's it, sir
                        You're leaving
                        The crackle of pigskin
                        The yuppies networking
                        The panic, the vomit
                        The panic, the vomit
                        God loves his children
                        God loves his children

Comment

^Thanks, I'll give that a try.
                          Current Favorites: Kaleido Star, Sailor Moon, Pretty Cure Max Heart, Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan, Black Lagoon, Kanon, Kino no Tabi, Death Note, Slayers, AIR

Comment

I don't get why no one will use the CCCP codec pack, one of the best ones out there. Plays every anime fansub format out of the box.

If you have Apple Mac OSX, use VideoLan Player.

If you have Linux, Mplayer is the way to go.
                            Maceart, Doremi-fansubs founder.

#doremi @ irc.rizon.net

Comment

mangapets

Do you know anything about www.mangapets.com ,someone was posting it .It looks prettygood and I got 10,000 Manga $ to pre-register. It took 20 seconds,fast and easy,and I get to be a founding member.

Comment

Originally posted by Maceart
                                I don't get why no one will use the CCCP codec pack, one of the best ones out there. Plays every anime fansub format out of the box.
                                I actually just got CCCP, because a Sailor Stars fansub called for it. Now that i have it I highly recommend it. It does play everything I throw at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X