Daily Anime Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Depression View Post
    How do you pronounce cour? Like hour or core?
    Hmm, I have always pronounced it like core...

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/cour

If you go by this, it's based on a French word, and it's close to core but not quite... and the Japanese spell it クール (kūru) which is different again...
    My Pokémon brings all the boys to the yard
    And they're like "You wanna trade cards?"
    Damn right, I wanna trade cards
    I can trade you, but not Charizard

Comment

• I think it's like quart, but without the t sound on the end
      Current avatar: Tenya Iida from My Hero Academia

"Yeah runnin' down a dream that never would come to me. Workin' on a mystery, goin' wherever it leads. Runnin' down a dream." -- Tom Petty

Comment

• Re: Aria the Scarlet Ammo

One of the next episode previews made me crack up. Aria "forgot" Kinji's name and asked what it was.... is it Yuuji? Saito? No, it's Ryuuji!
        My Pokémon brings all the boys to the yard
        And they're like "You wanna trade cards?"
        Damn right, I wanna trade cards
        I can trade you, but not Charizard

Comment

• Originally posted by superplough View Post
          Re: Aria the Scarlet Ammo

One of the next episode previews made me crack up. Aria "forgot" Kinji's name and asked what it was.... is it Yuuji? Saito? No, it's Ryuuji!

I haven't even watched this and I love that comment.
          Never Underestimate This Madwoman's Eternal Goober-ness
          Taleen and Nutmeg: We are the Talmeg, nothing can stop us =D
          AN's Alpha Female

Comment

• You know what I just realized about the Aniplex Release of Blue Exorcist Complete collection... they didn't even include the Movie.. that kinda just really disappointed me seeing how much they want for the entire set.
            "Mission, Complete"

Rightstuf Refugee

Comment

• Originally posted by Gundam Meister View Post
              You know what I just realized about the Aniplex Release of Blue Exorcist Complete collection... they didn't even include the Movie.. that kinda just really disappointed me seeing how much they want for the entire set.
              It's Aniplex. Why are you surprised?
              Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
              In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

• So a question over on a different forum.

Trying to find a manga (not sure if it had an anime) with a two word title.
                Apparently the title are the names of the 2 brothers in said manga.
                Said it was a fighting type manga, that it might have some sort of magic, and came out around the 2000s.
                They said it's pretty obscure, and it's not Fullmetal Alchemist.
                Said the brothers were pretty young.

Any ideas?
                Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!

Comment

• http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...n-2018/.117628

ATTACK ON TITAN 3. 2018!

(At the least, anyway).
                  New anime now watching: Attack on Titan 2, My Hero Academia, Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere. Avatar: Kyubei Yagyu (Gintama).
                  "All of you, who have been blinded by labels of male and female, can't defeat me." Kyubei Yagyu, Gintama.

Comment

• Originally posted by autsiticanime View Post
                    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...n-2018/.117628

ATTACK ON TITAN 3. 2018!

(At the least, anyway).
                    Just heard about that. Interesting!
                    “Just make a contract with me and become a magical girl.”
                    ---Kyubey, Puella Magi Madoka Magica
                    Avatar: Misaki Ayuzawa, Maid-Sama
                    Anime watched in 2017: 274 episodes (68 shows: 54 watching, 14 completed, 0 dropped)

Comment

• Originally posted by Nutmeg View Post

I might wait for the new Cardcaptor Sakura.
                      Wait? WHAT? There is a new CCS?
                      Man time fly's when you get older and older and older............

Comment

• Originally posted by Sora N View Post

Wait? WHAT? There is a new CCS?
                        January 2018! It's based on a sequel manga that's been out in Japan for awhile now. I don't think anyone's picked it up yet for the US though.

Today, in Anime fans Are ****ing Weird: I learned that there's a thing called grannycon. Any girl over 18 is considered a granny in anime now apparently. I do not want to watch more series to get tainted by Sagiris.
                        In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post

January 2018! It's based on a sequel manga that's been out in Japan for awhile now. I don't think anyone's picked it up yet for the US though.

Oh wow! Thanks so much for the info. I have been so out of anime due to work and life, but I would so buy this if it does get released over here on home video!
                          Man time fly's when you get older and older and older............

Comment

• Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post
                            Today, in Anime fans Are ****ing Weird: I learned that there's a thing called grannycon. Any girl over 18 is considered a granny in anime now apparently. I do not want to watch more series to get tainted by Sagiris.
                            Well, Marisa Tomei will be Aunt May in the new Spider-Man movie coming out next month, and she's hardly a white haired crone, so this grannycon stuff isn't exactly unique to Japan. Just saying.
                            “Just make a contract with me and become a magical girl.”
                            ---Kyubey, Puella Magi Madoka Magica
                            Avatar: Misaki Ayuzawa, Maid-Sama
                            Anime watched in 2017: 274 episodes (68 shows: 54 watching, 14 completed, 0 dropped)

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePhillyFlash View Post

Well, Marisa Tomei will be Aunt May in the new Spider-Man movie coming out next month, and she's hardly a white haired crone, so this grannycon stuff isn't exactly unique to Japan. Just saying.
                              Well...Hollywood's one thing; anime's another. I just found that both amusing and creepy that someone...say like Rangiku in Bleach for example or even Saber would probably be considered grannies XD

Comment

• Originally posted by Sora N View Post

Oh wow! Thanks so much for the info. I have been so out of anime due to work and life, but I would so buy this if it does get released over here on home video!
                                Hopefully it wont be Aniplex!

Comment

Working...
                                X