No announcement yet.

Only Yesterday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Yup. That has Studio Ghibli written all over it. I have to keep an eye out for it.
    It's 2 AM somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by tigeress02 View Post
      FWIW, the official website now has a list of theaters where it's playing.

http://www.onlyyesterdayfilm.com/
      Ha! I was just on that site moments ago, right before I came here... Bah! I'm not driving 2+ hours to Center-City Philly during Tuesday rush hour to go see it... guess I'll just re-watch my JP Blu-ray release in my own home projection theater that Tuesday evening, and call it a success! At least I can haz alcoholic beverages with my theater popcorn in my own theater...

I'd even turn on the buttkickers in my sofa for extra effect, but there's nothing whatsoever in this movie that would even remotely try to use them, lol!!!
      Last edited by t-Roy; December 30th, 2015, 07:18 PM.

Comment

The film is opening in the US this week -- at least in my area. Unfortunately, I will not have time to see it next week. Hopefully it will run longer than a week, but even the week after that could be tough.
        It's 2 AM somewhere.

Comment

Wow, can you believe it - Only Yesterday has only 3 showings in my state - one showing each in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and *gasp* one showing on March 18th at the Zoetropolis in Lancaster!!... Woo! The theater in Lancaster is only 10 miles from my house, and it's on a Friday night - might just have to go see how it is with the English dub... I'm so used to watching it sub-only on my JP silhouette Blu-ray, that the dub is going to sound really strange... Now to get someone to go with me, lol - neither my two daughters or my mother were much into it, it was too slow-moving for them.

Comment

If I lived closer to you I'd go!

Comment

Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post
              If I lived closer to you I'd go!
              Bah! You live plenty close enough - get your butt there, we could meet up for the movie! That's what - about a 45 minute drive? I drove all the way to Downingtown to see The Wind Rises...

EDIT: Nevermind - they actually have two dates on their website, March 18 and 31 - but the showtimes are 12:18pm and 1:18pm respectively - in the middle of the day! I'm not taking off work for it, so scrap that idea.
              Last edited by t-Roy; February 26th, 2016, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by t-Roy View Post
                I'm not taking off work for it, so scrap that idea.
                But work is so over-rated.
                It's 2 AM somewhere.

Comment

But, I just burned 5 days of my Vacation time 2 weeks ago for recovery from my knee operation, so I don't want to use yet another day just to go see a movie I've already watched a half-dozen times in my own projection theater at home... I can just watch my JP Blu-ray again, anytime I want...

Comment

^ Bad knees suck. I know.
                    It's 2 AM somewhere.

Comment

A friend and I saw 'Only Yesterday' a couple months back thanks to a Ghibli Filmfest; we were both impressed and pleasantly surprised with it. Would definitely get around to owning it as it's worth a re-watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X