Anybody Else Disappointed with Rebuild?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KatayokuのTenshi View Post
    That actually is what's happening, quite clearly, but that's not why.

I think it's happening "Just Because".
    THE PIPE IS MINE AND SO AM I

Comment

My personal theory is that they wanted to milk that cash cow some more.
      Avatar - Monkey D Luffy, not impressed with that ****

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Knight View Post
        I liked 1.11 and 2.22. It was like a parallel-universe retelling sorta' thing with better animation. I was ok with it. It was entertaining.

But 3.33 shouldn't have been greenlighted. It has none of what made Evangelion so popular. It's a movie riding the coattails of fame. It feels too... empty of narrative to support the storyline that we know. I wouldn't say it outright sucks, since the animation quality is there, but I wouldn't commend the overall effort.<snip>
        I had the same thoughts about 1.11 & 2.22 I even re-watched them both just before heading out to the Theater to see 3.0

Originally posted by Leader Desslock View Post
        <snip> After finishing 3.33: Wow. Amtrak doesn't derail that badly. This is like a train wreck that got a colony dropped on it. During an F5 tornado. In the middle of a plague, which the CDC had decided to kill using hydrogen bombs. What The ****?
        <snip>
        After watching 3.0 in the Theater I prompting sold my copies of 1.11 & 2.22 and washed my hands of Evangelion

After thought
        If the 4th Movie fixes what the 3rd one did and everyone is in agreement about it,
        than sometime in the future after they've all come out on DVD/BD I may pick up a USED copy of them... maybe!
        Last edited by BWBODDY; May 7th, 2015, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BWBODDY View Post
          I had the same thoughts about 1.11 & 2.22 I even re-watched them both just before heading out to the Theater to see 3.0

After watching 3.0 in the Theater I prompting sold my copies of 1.11 & 2.22 and washed my hands of Evangelion

After thought
          If the 4th Movie fixes what the 3rd one did and everyone is in agreement about it,
          than sometime in the future after they've all come out on DVD/BD I may pick up a USED copy of them... maybe!

3.0 is really that bad BW?
          "Mission, Complete"

Rightstuf Refugee

Comment

Originally posted by Gundam Meister View Post
            3.0 is really that bad BW?
            It was out there, and that's saying something being that it's Evangelion we're talking about ...

Now to be fair it is the first Movie that doesn't Redo/Reboot/Rehash something that already been done in a Evangelion Anime ...

For myself, I'll not be getting 3.33 when comes out on DVD/BD

edit
            But like I said ...
            Last edited by BWBODDY; May 7th, 2015, 11:12 AM. Reason: edit

Comment

I liked the first 2 rebuild movies-not so much the 3rd one (I have the HK bluray version with english subs)-hope the 4th (and final ) one gets released before 2016 is over.
              "The world can be a scary place."

Comment

Now watch Evangelion new, I do not like as much. But after watching a few episodes, I began to like Evangelion ...:"
                Manga raw is great option to read your manga online. You dont need to pay any fees to choose manga raw. jpmangaraw is the great one for that option.

Comment

I personally thought there were some good elements in 3.33. However my main gripe was I found myself inpatiently asking "ok, is somebody going to explain what happened whilst Shinji was unconscious?" I feel like a movie's worth of material was skipped.

I just was confused how the ending of 2.22 caused that much damage. I felt something else happened to get from point A to point B but we never were told how and what.
                  Last edited by autsiticanime; September 4th, 2016, 07:37 PM.
                  New anime now watching: Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions, Fate/Zero. Avatar: Rikka Takanaishi (Love, Chunibyou and other delusions).
                  "Reality be rent! Synapses break! Banishment, this world!" Rikka Takanaishi, Love, Chunibyou and other delusions.

Comment

Originally posted by autsiticanime View Post
                    I personally thought there were some good elements in 3.33. However my main gripe was I found myself inpatiently asking "ok, is somebody going to explain what happened whilst Shinji was unconscious?" I feel like a movie's worth of material was skipped.

I just was confused how the ending of 2.22 caused that much damage. I felt something else happened to get from point A to point B but we never were told how and what.
                    Look back on page 4 of this Thread for my comments in full

After watching 3.0 in the Theater I sold my copies of 1.11 & 2.22 and said I'll not be getting 3.33 when it came out.
                    BuuuuutT, there was a long enough delay between seeing it in the Theater and it coming out on DVD/BD and they ( in Japan ) did talk about little tweaks that they would be making to it before it's hard copy release.

Sooooo, in the end I did get 3.33 and it was more enjoyable than 3.0 had been and I eventually re-purchased used copies of 1.11 & 2.22 for less than I sold my old copies for ( so that worked out well ), of course those same questions you have about 3.33 I still have as well.

There is suppose to be a 4.00/4.44 eventually to end the whole thing, but yeah again I'm with you on this there could/should be a 2.50 in there to explain all that wasn't said to explain what the heck happened between 2.22 and 3.33

Comment

A lot of people will be arguing why Shinjii choked Asuka, was it build up frustration at her? Was it to see if she was alive and not still LCL? I personally believe this
                      Manga raw is great option to read your manga online. You dont need to pay any fees to choose manga raw. jpmangaraw is the great one for that option.

Comment

Working...
                      X