No announcement yet.

Anybody Else Disappointed with Rebuild?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Else Disappointed with Rebuild?

Okay. The end of the original series sucked. Terribly. In fact, it sucked so badly that Anno put out "End of Evangelion" which salvaged the whole mess for fans. I figured the rebuild would be a remaking of the entire series with EOE as the finale. I didn't figure that he would rewrite the damn thing. I gave it a chance. I have watched all of them. And they all suck. The only thing good that's come out of Rebuild is the introduction of Mari Illustrious.

Discussion?
    ~solemn standing in the wind we do not rest in peace, forever children of the grave our lives will never cease~

I thought the original series was decent, at best. Evangelion works better as movies and the changes were honestly for the better, so is the direction the series took, imo. I'm sure as hell glad they didn't just redo the same thing but with better animation; I can watch the first 24 episodes of the original series, stop there, pick up End of Evangelion and watch that instead of the ending. I don't need an entire remake of the series to do that.

Comment

I prefer the movies. It cut out all the bad fat and left us with the awesome stuff.

Originally posted by pyrestarter View Post
      I have watched all of them.
      You have a time machine?

Comment

Originally posted by Levo View Post
        I prefer the movies. It cut out all the bad fat and left us with the awesome stuff.
        I think Levon () nailed it.

Comment

The first movie is good.

The 2nd is meh.

The third movie was a steaming pile of ********.

I have no hope for the next movie.

The original series is one of my favorites, and Rebuild has completely failed, imo. The last movie felt like a slap in the face, for me.
          THE PIPE IS MINE AND SO AM I

Comment

When's the fourth movie supposed to be released? I've avoided them until they're all released.
            ...there is no good reason for smart people to subject themselves to barrages of epithets, delivered by people who have not yet been taught to think critically.

~ Charles C. W. Cooke

Comment

Same here, although I'm not that eager to see them anyway. I would watch if somone wanted to show them to me or watch them with me. I just feel... done with Evangelion already.

Comment

^ That's why I put off seeing EoE for as long as I did. I was pretty much done with Evangelion, and I liked the original ending.
                ...there is no good reason for smart people to subject themselves to barrages of epithets, delivered by people who have not yet been taught to think critically.

~ Charles C. W. Cooke

Comment

I've enjoyed all of them but the first one. I think the show is better but I haven't been displeased with any of them to the point that I'd label them as bad or felt like watching them was a waste of time/money.

Comment

Okay. The end of the original series sucked. Terribly. In fact, it sucked so badly that Anno put out "End of Evangelion" which salvaged the whole mess for fans.
                    I thought the original series ending was better because it was more to the point and had a proper unambiguous finale. EoE had more sensationalist tripe.

I figured the rebuild would be a remaking of the entire series with EOE as the finale. I didn't figure that he would rewrite the damn thing. I gave it a chance. I have watched all of them. And they all suck. The only thing good that's come out of Rebuild is the introduction of Mari Illustrious.
                    I think Rebuild pretty much does what it says on the tin: a re-telling of old stuff. So essentially the same characters, same settings and same themes, but with alterations to the storyline. That's not really creative enough for me.

Comment

I had pretty low expectations in the first place.
                      Avatar - Monkey D Luffy, not impressed with that ****

Comment

Rebuild overview:
                        1.11 - first 6 eps condensed with improved anime, fantastic sound design and score, but strong sense of deja vu.

2.22 - takes the story off into a new directions, introduces new characters, and amounts to a 5 star reimagining of something you thought you knew so well.

3.0- http://www.electric-shadows.com/evan...-can-not-redo/

My review... it ain't pretty. Also inevitably contains spoilers for those who haven't yet seen the first two movies.

4.0 has a Fuji sized mountain to climb if it's to make the Rebuild worthwhile...

Comment

Originally posted by old hat View Post
                          I had pretty low expectations in the first place.
                          Me too.

I hated the series because I hated all of the characters. I still watched EOE so I knew what everyone was talking about. Like everyone else, I couldn't figure it out.

I watched the first two of the Rebuilt series, just in case they were better than the original. I expected them to totally fail. They did more than that. The made me want to go out of my way to avoid the third film.
                          It's 2 AM somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by MeMyself View Post
                            Like everyone else, I couldn't figure it out.
                            It made perfect sense to some of us, so speak for yourself.

~ Charles C. W. Cooke

Comment

I've noticed the second installment gets a lot of praise. I dunno. I kinda enjoyed a lot of aspects of it, but it left me on the fence to the point that I wouldn't say I enjoyed it... rather, that all hinged on what I thought of the third installment. Since I hate the third installment, the second got knocked down a couple of notches as well.

Anyways, Rebuild is doomed. This last movie is gonna be a cluster****. And I'm gonna be there, rubbernecking, cuz this is one train wreck I can't miss.
                              THE PIPE IS MINE AND SO AM I

Comment

Working...
                              X