Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th Movie Titled

Via ANN
    The theatrical pamphlet for Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo (Evangelion Shin Gekijō-ban Q), the third film in Hideaki Anno and Khara's four-part remake of Gainax's Neon Genesis Evangelion series, revealed the title for the next film on Saturday. The fourth and final film is titled Shin Evangelion Gekijō-ban [right (end) repeat music symbol here] (シン・エヴァンゲリオン劇場版 [right (end) repeat music symbol here]). The symbol at the end of the title is used in music to denote repetition after reaching the end of a measure.

The first three films' Japanese subtitles are the names for the three classical movements (Jo-Ha-Kyū or Introduction-Exposition-Climax) of traditional Japanese music such as gagaku and Noh.

The final film is slated to open in theaters next year. Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo opened in Japanese theaters on Saturday.

Thanks to Gwyn Campbell for the news tip.

Update: Image added via Yaraon!

Update 2: The official website for the fourth film has been updated with the title. However, it no longer lists 2013 as the release date. [Via Minna no Eva Fan]
    Last edited by tigeress02; November 19th, 2012, 01:16 AM. Reason: Repeat Music Symbol Doesn't Appear Properly
    Upcoming Anime DVD/BD Releases: 2017
    My Website ~ DVDProfiler ~ FilmAF

Those are joke names right?

Comment

No jokes intended, I'm afraid. Also, the music symbol wasn't appearing properly, so I took that bit out (actually it doesn't appear correctly in on ANN either). Made an attempt at it below using other keys, but it doesn't look quite right either.

ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版:序 / Evangelion Shin Gekijōban: Jo / 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone
      ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版:破 / Evangelion Shin Gekijōban: Ha / 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance
      ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版:Q / Evangelion Shin Gekijō-ban: Q / 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo
      シン・エヴァンゲリオン劇場版 : || / Shin Evangelion Gekijō-ban : || / TBA?
      Last edited by tigeress02; November 19th, 2012, 01:12 AM.
      Upcoming Anime DVD/BD Releases: 2017
      My Website ~ DVDProfiler ~ FilmAF

Comment

That's like caling the last movie Evangelion: Flogging The Dead Horse or Evangelion: Milking the Cash Cow.

You Can (not) Redo? Really? That's like a joke name someone on a forum made up.

Comment

Originally posted by old hat View Post
          That's like caling the last movie Evangelion: Flogging The Dead Horse or Evangelion: Milking the Cash Cow.

You Can (not) Redo? Really? That's like a joke name someone on a forum made up.
          The title is EXTREMELY appropriate considering what the movie is about.

Comment

Working...
          X