Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait to watch

Comment

This movie seems hit or miss with people.

Comment

Just finished it. Fell asleep twice in the process.
        Art: AN's Art Thread Last updated:10/17/15 // DeviantArt
        Gaming: Backloggery // HLTB // Raptr
        Currently Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U)

Comment

My verdict: Unnecessary, badly paced and boring.
          Winamp, it really wips the Lama's ***.

"Matt Damon!" -Matt Damon, Team America: World Police

Comment

Originally posted by Ark View Post
            My verdict: Unnecessary, badly paced and boring.
            What was unnecessary and boring about it? You mean it was just a mash-up of the original storyline? Like some DJ got his hands on a piece of music and mashed it up?

The entire Rebuild series was unnecessary, imo.

Comment

No, they pretty much diverged from the original in every way with this one. It's just not headed anywhere good, pretty much.

Rebuild could have been great, and after the first film, I still had hope. But 2 and 3 have pretty much ruined it for me.
              THE PIPE IS MINE AND SO AM I

Comment

The second movie was amazing.
                Art: AN's Art Thread Last updated:10/17/15 // DeviantArt
                Gaming: Backloggery // HLTB // Raptr
                Currently Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U)

Comment

Originally posted by ryushe View Post
                  The second movie was amazing.
                  For me, the second movie was the beginning of the bad. I thought the fight scenes were shark jumping to the max, and that certain characters were completely useless (Marie, lol).

Of course, the second movie was miles better than the third, if only because it was the tip of the iceberg.

I think the whole reinforced "SUPER ROBOT" thing that has been reinvigorated is my main beef. The size and scope of the Eva was handled very well in the original series. Now we have ****ing DBZ with giant robots and aliens going on. Not what I like to see, and it gets old very fast.
                  THE PIPE IS MINE AND SO AM I

Comment

Originally posted by radiator123 View Post
                    What was unnecessary and boring about it? You mean it was just a mash-up of the original storyline? Like some DJ got his hands on a piece of music and mashed it up?

The entire Rebuild series was unnecessary, imo.
                    I agree that the Rebuild series as a whole is unnecessary. What I meant was that this specific film served no narrative purpose. Take Kawouru for example. In the series he serves a very important role as the straw that breaks the camel's back (ie Shinji's mental state). Touji, Asuka and Rei all get ****ed up and then Shinji is forced to kill the only means to mental deliverance he had, thus leading to his breakdown and clearing the way for his actions in End of Eva. What purpose does he serve in 3.0? He just seems to be there because otherwise there would be no dialogue for half the film.

Originally posted by Tidusauron12 View Post
                    For me, the second movie was the beginning of the bad. I thought the fight scenes were shark jumping to the max, and that certain characters were completely useless (Marie, lol).
                    I have to say when I saw 2.0 on camrip when it was first released it blew me away. On subsequent viewings I realised that this was mainly due to the shock value regarding what happens with Asuka and Unit 3. Other than that it's not really doing anything special. Ultimately Eva's greatness stands on the quality of characterisation, and it looks like this gradually being sacrificed in favour of more battles.
                    Last edited by Ark; May 10th, 2013, 05:34 PM.
                    Winamp, it really wips the Lama's ***.

"Matt Damon!" -Matt Damon, Team America: World Police

Comment

I was out in the middle of nowhere for a few weeks, so I only just watched it.

What the hell was that? Did I watch the wrong movie?

The first film was neat as a high-production value retread, the second did just enough different to pique my interest, but this.... thing? It's not Gundam 00: Awakening of the Trailblazer bad, but... yeesh.
                      Trimming Down My Backlog:
                      Currently Playing:
                      Recently Finished: Republique (PC)
                      Backlog: 143

Comment

Do we know when it is coming stateside?
                        The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.
                        -Spiral
                        PSN: mooseegg1982

Comment

Finally caught this over the weekend. Hope you guys won't mind refreshing my memory on some things as it's been a while since I last saw the TV series and EoE.

Comment

Take Kawouru for example ... What purpose does he serve in 3.0?
                            In terms of the narrative, Kaworu probably could have been introduced in the last film. Although he was integral to Shinji eventually going bananas in the series, he first appeared very late on in episode 24/26. So it wouldn't be entirely surprising if he has a big impact in the fourth film and only farted around before then, to serve as advertising fodder.

it looks like this gradually being sacrificed in favour of more battles.
                            Quelle surprise!

Comment

Working...
                            X