• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuild 3.0 is out!

Warning, massive spoilers, do not read!

Anno has finally lost it entirely.

Based on posts from Japanese websites:

SPOILER! (highlight to read):

1. Unit-01 is sent into space with Shinji and Rei still trapped inside.

2. 14 year time skip, but the pilots don't age due to quantum magic. Misato and Ritsuko are middle aged.

3. Misato starts her own organization called Wille, to fight Nerv and Seele who are still trying to start 4th Impact. She has a giant space battleship named Wunder.

4. She sends Asuka and Mari to retrieve Unit-01 to power the battleship with its S-2; apparently Shinji is an afterthought. They fight an Angel on the way.

5. Shinji is treated like an enemy for causing 3rd impact. Misato fits him with an exploding collar.

6. A Rei breaks Shinji out of confinement, but she's a fake, the real Rei is still stuck in Unit-01. He's out of range before Misato can detonate the collar.

7. Shinji defects to Nerv, where he meets Kaworu. Kaworu removes the collar and puts it on himself (not sure why he doesn't just throw it away).

8. Shinji and Kaworu have been convinced that they can undo 3rd Impact and make amends for Shinji's acts at the end of part 2. They head for Terminal Dogma with Rei to retrieve the two lances of Longinus and Cassius. Asuka arrives to stop them.

9. Kaworu somehow realizes that he has been lied to and removing the lances will start 4th Impact and tries to stop Shinji, but he has already removed them.

10. Battleship Wunder arrives and Misato pushes the button; suddenly there is nothing but red pulp where Kaworu's head used to be. Kaworu's death stops the impact; he didn't know he was an Angel.

11. Shinji and Asuka eject their entry plugs and start walking across the desert with Rei.

12. To be continued in Part 4.

Also: Toji's sister is a pilot.

Mari might be Shinji and Asuka's time travelling daughter from the future.
    Dorie. Dorie. Dorie. Dorie.
    By the firelight, come and dance with me.
    Blazing in the night, the fire grows.
    Come and shout and sing, make the mountains ring
    while our hearts beat high.Come and sing and shout.
    Laugh and turn about while the flames reach the sky.

I don't want to read super spoilers, but can you say what event the movie ends on relative to the original tv series and End of Eva? If it's something really new that has no real parallel in the original/EoE, just say "something really new.

Also, for a super specific one, does Shinji jack off to Asuka at any point in the film? If so, do they correct it from EoE in that he spills his seed on her rather than on his hand?

Comment

^ This entire movie is something really new; nothing in it bears any resemblance to the original. No hospital scene here. Also, nothing from the next episode preview made it into the movie.
      Last edited by thewayneiac; November 17th, 2012, 07:11 PM. Reason: Expand answer

Comment

So when you say next episode preview, do you mean the stuff at the end of 2.0 or the theatrical trailers?

Also, is the movie at least good? I know you just said Anno lost his mind, but thats just your opinion.
        Last edited by autsiticanime; November 17th, 2012, 09:13 PM.
        New anime now watching: Ushio and Tora, Flying Witch, Sweetness and Lightning. Avatar: Rikka Takanaishi (Love, Chunibyou and other delusions).
        "Reality be rent! Synapses break! Banishment, this world!" Rikka Takanaishi, Love, Chunibyou and other delusions.

Comment

Originally posted by autsiticanime View Post

Also, is the movie at least good?
          It was amazing. The action scenes were like nothing I've ever seen before. The story is an almost complete departure from the original series, but the characters remained faithful. Since 2.0 ended with 3rd Impact, then it's not much of a spoiler to say that 3.0 takes place afterwards. And the aftermath of 3rd Impact is something that fans have wondered about for 15 years.

Spoilers

SPOILER! (highlight to read):
          The Rebuild 3rd Impact and EoE 3rd Impact are different, but close enough that fans who've seen EoE will pick up a lot more than new viewers (who will be just as confused as the director thinks they should be).

The experience at the movie theater was awesome. The showings at Fukuoka's larger theaters (in Tenjin and Hakata) filled up quickly and sold out well in advance of their start times. The wife and I opted to go to a smaller theater in Fukuma's new AEON mall. We ordered our tickets in advance and booked amazing seats (amazing meaning that we were close enough for her to be guaranteed a good view while I wasn't obstructing anybody else's).

There was a ton of theater-exclusive merch available, and they even had somebody hyping it non-stop. She cheerfully yelled that once this stuff was sold out, it was gone forever. And also, to be sure to pick up a pamphlet, available only at the counter itself. The pamphlet was available in two versions, 800 yen and 1,500 yen (kind of like what was done with Death and Rebirth). Both versions were polybagged with a notice (written in English and Japanese) that they shouldn't be opened until after seeing the movie.

This show would wind up selling out, as would all remaining shows for the rest of the day. It was fun hearing one hype person shilling the merchandise while another said that all shows for Evangelion were sold out and to please come back tomorrow.

Great movie. Awesome to see the storyline continue in such an unexpected way. And the Studio Ghibli short film before the movie started was both awesome and completely out of left field.

Comment

Originally posted by autsiticanime View Post
            So when you say next episode preview, do you mean the stuff at the end of 2.0 or the theatrical trailers?

Also, is the movie at least good? I know you just said Anno lost his mind, but thats just your opinion.
            The stuff at the end of 2.0.

Comment

That went off the rails in a pretty big way.
              For the stronger we our houses do build,
              The less chance we have of being killed. -William Topaz McGonagall

Comment

Originally posted by KatayokuのTenshi View Post
                That went off the rails in a pretty big way.
                Less so than EoE, imo. Its a great follow up to the first two movies without being another altered retelling of the original series. Although, plenty of themes from the later part of the TV series make it in.

Can't wait for the final movie.

...but will.

Comment

This is why I didn't get into the new movies before they were all out.

Comment

fortunatly i ve been at the premiere in Tokyo

and yes, the movie hit the audience like a truck
                    nobody expected that what was to come

the movie is good and a must see
                    but for casual viewers that are not into eva it will be hell of confusion and nonsense

---
                    http://www.facebook.com/NGE.Collection
                    ---

Comment

Meh when will the DVD subbed is going to be officially released >.<.. the already watched the 7min preview start i was kinda stunned to see mari and asuka fighting together to retrieve shinji.. Any chances you guys will give more updates? :D
                      Join the Revolution!

Comment

It's going to be months yet. It took seven months for the first film to see a home release and eleven months for the second. 3.0 only hit theaters in the middle of November.
                        Currently Playing: Fast RMX
                        Recently Finished: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Comment

So, just caught the BD rip. Meh. Not impressed, but withholding judgement until the conclusion.
                          THE PIPE IS MINE AND SO AM I

Comment

Originally posted by Tidusauron12 View Post
                            So, just caught the BD rip. Meh. Not impressed, but withholding judgement until the conclusion.
                            Me either. It was pretty terrible.

Comment

Can't find any good subs to sync with my BD rip. Everyone's talking about how lackluster it is though, which would be a shame because the second movie was utterly magnificent.

Actually, I'm going to watch that and maybe the first movie over again while I download a new rip.
                              Art: AN's Art Thread Last updated:10/17/15 // DeviantArt
                              Gaming: Backloggery // HLTB // Raptr
                              Currently Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U)

Comment

Working...
                              X